Chapter 22: NARUTO!!! SASUKE!!!! DEKUUUUUUUU!!!

Well...

That was...

Easier than expected?

So a quick rundown is in order.

We'd decided on no quirks and strictly hand-to-hand combat in this fight. It was mostly my decision seeing as I didn't want my PE clothes burned to a crisp when I hadn't even spent a full semester at school yet.

So strictly no quirks, just our fists, other than that it was anything goes.

We started out pretty reserved as most matches did. The first couple of minutes were mostly for us to work each other out, any bad habits or tells.

I figured out pretty quickly that Bakugou was a fan of right hooks and had a more grounded combat style. He liked to stay low, out of reach. On the other hand, after the first couple of my attacks on him, I'm sure he could tell I enjoyed being air borne. I was never a huge fan of using my hands since it messed with my handwriting the next day so I subconsciously switched to my legs, the rest was history.

Kicks, flips, hell even jumps, you name it, I loved to do it.

Still it was exhilarating that first half of the fight. We bobbed and weaved in sync, as though we were two puzzle pieces that just fit. The fight truly felt like a dance, neither of us lagging behind or breaking the flow.

Then I saw his right hook coming a mile away and threw him over my shoulder.

It seemed to trigger a switch in him.

He turned rabid, his moves faster and heavier.

However, they got sloppier.

He became predictable.

That's how I managed to grab his arm and sweep his legs out from under him, pinning him to the floor.

I pressed his face into the grass for a solid couple of seconds before I let go.

I reached a hand down to help him up.

"Good match Baku-"

-

-

*BOOM*

The explosion was of an unwarranted magnitude.

I'd just barely been able to avoid the brunt of it but, to my utter dismay, the front of my shirt had burnt to a crisp, sections of the cloth around my chest and stomach completely gone.

Still, the cloth was scorching hot.

I decided to just rip the shirt off and save myself the extra pain.

Patches of my skin were red, lightly burned but nothing that would last till tomorrow.

"What the hell?" I muttered in irritation as I looked up from my body.

'Bakugou...?'

He was looking at me with wide eyes, his fists clenched.

It was the exact same expression he had when he saw Todoroki in that battle trial we had a few weeks back.

-

-

-

"Baku-"

-

-

"Hey guys!" Kaminari called from just beyond the treeline.

We both turned to the source of the sound and, after a few seconds of rustling, the human stungun himself popped his head out from between two bushes.

"Kirishima said to wrap up, our time slot is almost over," Kaminari said as he walked over, hands shoved into the pockets of his pants.

"Woah! Ryo!" Kaminari gaped as he glanced between me and my discarded and thoroughly crispy shirt. "Bakugou sure did a number on you!" He laughed as he slung an arm around my neck and pulled me down to his height. The action causes my hair to pull so taut I thought it'd rip out of my head.

"Hey, let go you shortie!" I protest but he just messes up my hair even more.

Kaminari grinned, pulling our faces together to squish his cheeks against mine. "Hey Bakugou, go easy on him! Mina said he happens to be the second most attractive guy in class!" He was clearly still hung up about that as he ruffles up my hair. "Behind Todoroki that is~!" He grinned even wider and I finally manage to shove him away.

"You can't say crap, 4 out of 10!" I retaliate, frustratedly tugging my hair tie out to retie my hair.

"Whatever girly!" He crossed his arms before starting to walk off.

"Well I better get going, you guys should leave soon too," he stuck his tongue out at me before he left with a wave.

I sigh.

"That damn human pokemon just fked up my hair..." I groan as I try to run my sweaty hands through dirty, tangled long hair. Damn was it unpleasant. Worse than combing through hair that'd come from a heavily chlorinated pool.

Then, a heavy piece of cloth blocked my view.

"What the-?" I groan as I pull the fabric off my head.

'a shirt...?'

I look over at Bakugou who was zipping up a duffle bag that I hadn't seen, having earlier been obstructed by some shrubery.

'So this is...'

"I brought a shirt to change into so that's clean..." He murmured as he threw the bag over his shoulder.

"So I don't owe you anything," he looked away as he walked off. I roll my eyes and pull the shirt on before snatching my burnt up shirt off the floor and chasing the boy down.

"First no apology then no good-bye?" I sigh dramatically, throwing a hand around him and practically putting all of my weight on the shorter boy.

"You're a mean one, Mr Grinch," I grin as I lean in closer.

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OFF ME!" He yelled, shoving me off. He huffs, walking faster.

I jog after him and rest my head in my hands Killua style, staring up at the darkening sky. "I enjoyed our match," I begin, not quite wanting to drop the subject yet. "You were so good I thought you would actually get me!" That wasn't a lie.

"But you got sloppy half-way through," I dropped my gaze and looked at the blonde's back for any sign or reaction. "You got emotional...why?"

I was trying not to push any buttons but I guess everything is a button with that feisty Pomeranian.

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!" He hollered, yet again at an uneccessary volume. Still, the way his body tensed when I asked that question as well as how his footsteps slowed for that split second satisfied me enough.

'a sore spot huh?'

I let silence settle on us for a bit then spoke again.

"Y'know this shirt is pretty cropped on me right? How short are you?" Maybe not so true, it was the exact same size as mine.

"SHUT UP, IF YOU DON'T WANT IT GIVE IT BACK!"

"Hmm... Nah~" I grin as we made our way out of the main gate.

-

"Maybe I can use it to make some kind of Bakugou voodoo doll," I smirk as he clicks his tongue.

-

-
"Do whatever you want."