Chapter 9: CRAWLING IN MY SKIEEEEEN

Todoroki Shouto.

A.K.A. Peppermint

The guy who clinched second place in the fitness test.

Damn was he impressive.

In seconds the building was under his control, encased in a thick sheet of ice.

'damn, that's one powerful quirk...'

I grimace.

'still, ending it like that...'

I watched as Todoroki slosly walked up towards the bomb, placing his hand on it while Ojiro was rendered helpless.

-

-

Boring.'

I turned to Bakugou, the firey boy having been unusually quiet since his fight with Midoriya.

His eyes were wide, pupils shrunken, body tense.

"He's so strong, I don't think I can beat him," I whisper into his ears and he flinches back. His expression made it clear as day I'd caught him off guard. Honestly the change was...

A little cute...

GAP MOE?!

-

-

-

Aaaanyways...

"That's what you thought right?" I smile, leaning in. Again, I can read him like a book.

"WHAT DO YOU-"

"Shhh, keep it down. We don't want the others to hear right?" I wave my hands around to silence him before joining him by leaning against the back wall of the room. The others were all rather preoccupied with the ongoing match so we had time.

"Well, the 'he's so strong' part is fine," I continue as we both rest our backs against the wall. "For me, when I see a strong opponent I can't help but want to beat them. Kinda like how I wanna beat you," This seems to strike a chord with Bakugou as his fists curl but he doesn't speak.

"But doubting yourself will only bring you down, not up." I place a hand on his shoulder but he roughly shrugs me off.

"Stop talking like you know me, bastard!" He yelled in a softer tone than normal. Excercising restraint, didn't know that was a thing he could do.

"Then how about I get to knowing you?" I grin like the smooth mofo I am. "Wha-"

"Yamada Ryo, call me Ryo, I like cats, Katsudon and Katsuki! I call it the 3 cats, miao!" I know all too well that I'm pushing his buttons. It seemed to be the cat paws I made when meowing that was the final straw.

"Don't fucking say that!" He hissed as he stormed out the door.

'ah...how sad, miao.'

I look back over at the screen. Sure enough, All Might had just announced Todoroki's team the winner.

'hmm, maybe I'll try to get more info on him, he's pretty powerful...'

-

-

-

'plus, the fact that he's hot as fk doesn't hurt either-'

____________

"Hey Bakubaku, where ya goin?" I chirp, following after the boy who seemed in a strange hurry to leave.