Chapter 54: GOBBLE ME SWALLOW ME DRIP DOWN THE SIDE OF ME-

"Koji can't control them?!" Mina shrieked as the mud beasts closed in.

"It must be a quirk... One of the Pussycats up there!" I reasoned to which I recieved a few nods.

-

-

-

'haha, pussy'

As the beasts got closer, Midoriya, Katsuki and Iida got to work clearing the few before us.

"Three hours to get to the other end of the forest?" I question, looking over at the group behind me. "Wow, look who's paying attention for once," Jirou teased as I just gave her a playful glare.

I slowly slip off my shoes as I stretch my neck.

"Well," I crouch down glancing back at the classmated behind me.

"RACE YA THERE SLOWPOKES!"

I cackle, leaping forward and hopping from beast to beast.

I leap off flatter areas of their head and onto trees, using every surface I can reach to carry me further into the forest.

The beasts were large but they were slow and so as long as I was faster I'd be fine.

I paused on the branch of a tree to catch my breath, looking at herd of beasts lumbering towards me. I take a breath and leap from the tree onto one of the beasts, using my quirk through my barefeet to harden the clay creatures, making my own little Easter island statues.

'guess this trial isn't too effective against me, huh?'

And slowly, I make my way through the forest, careful to balance out the intake and output of energy in my system.

Then, eventually, I reach a clearing.

I make a dash for the treeline and fall flat on my ass once I was in the clear. I was exhausted, completely out of breath and, apparently, way ahead of everyone.

I flopped onto my back.

"I tried too hard... Didn't I...?" I muttered through gasps.

"Ah, aren't you a fortunate one," one of the Pussycats stared down at me.

"Ryo Yamada, manipulation Quirk correct?" She smiled to which I just nodded. "Well then you sure lucked out on this," she muttered with a sigh. "My poor babies didn't stand a chance."

I laughed breathlessly.

"You should get cleaned up while you wait, they shouldn't be too long now," she gave a pleasant smile while chucking me a moist towel. "The blonde one with the explosion quirk seem especially zealous..." She mutters disapprovingly before walking further towards the forest.

I chuckled to myself as I drag my aching body off the floor.

'guess Bakuhoe's not gonna be too happy that I beat him...'

I try to shake off as much dirt from my feet as I can before I head towards the patio of the building. I sit down and get to work scrubbing off the mud caked to my feet with the damp towel the Pussycat lady had given me.

'she knew my name and Quirk...'

I sighed as I switched feet.

"I can't get away from surveillance even at a camp huh...?" I mutter bitterly, knowing full well why these pro-heros knew who I was.

As usual I was being watched by the government, ensuring that their rescue puppy hadn't gone rogue.

Then I saw a flash of movement in the corner of my eye.

-

-

-

'a kid...?'

The figure quickly ducked behind the corner of the building, out of my sight.

I was debating chsing down that little rascal when the familiar voice of Mr Boomboom tore through my eardrums like the Colossal titan tearing through wall Maria. I turned towards the noise and found the first few members of my class trickling in through the tree line, most of them soon collapsing into a heap of groans on the dirt soon after.

"How's it feel to be bested by me yet again, Bakubaku?" I chuckle, throwing an arm around him. "FUCK OFF!" He hollers, throwing me off him.

Normally this wouldn't send me stumbling back but I'd just spent the past few hours running around a monster infested forest. So, in the words of Eminem, my knees were weak, my arms were heavy.

I teeter back, only for someone to steady me.

"Seems like I can't help falling for you, pumpkin," I grin, leaning back further and tilting my head back to meet the boy's gaze.

Ya see, I said this fully expecting my knight in candycane-coloured armour would be the one catching me. Afterall, he does it a lot.

Yet when I looked back, only the flushed face of Uravity.

"Oh shit, my bad," I laugh awkwardly, slumping back up. "I thought you were Icyhot," I apologise to her blank stare.

She bursts in a mess of blubbering and waving hands.

I watch, puzzled for a second before placing my hand on her head, making her freeze. My mind wracks itself for words to say as I start basically patting her like a dog.

"Thank you though, you saved me from a messy fall," I chuckle awkwardly before slowly lifting my hand and backing off.

I turn back to the surprisingly quiet Bakuhoe.

'that... hopefully settles it-'

-

-

-

The blonde is red to his face, hand over his mouth as an ugly wheezing slips through the gaps between his fingers. Peppermint stands beside him, looking rather plainly at me. A stark and rather amusing contrast to the explosion boy about to implode beside him.

"-umkin-! PUMPKIN-!" He finally choked out, slapping Shoto's back vehemently as his body shook with giggles.

I feel hear surge to my face.

"Shut yer trap-!" I sqeak, hands balled into fists as I whack him upside the head, the man still having the audacity to laugh more.

-

-

"-WHATEVER- Y-You say-"

-

-

"PUMPKI- BAHAHAHAHA"

"YA DAMN POMERANIAN, I'LL SKIN YOU FOR RUGS-!"

-

-

"Sorry, I wasn't able to catch you in time."