Chapter 34: oh they were ROOOMATES....??

'hmm...? Where...?'

I curl on my side but my stomach lurches and I choke back bile.

Quickly, I sit up, which settles my stomach for a second before the migraine sets in. I grip my head in pain, taking a bit before noticing how my hair was now untied. Slowly, I open my eyes, my head throbbing and vision blurred.

"Is this...?"

Slowly, the door creaked open, the crack of light making me squint and flinch.

"You're awake..." I heard a familiar voice. "That's good..." The door shut, obscuring the person and rest of the room in a blanket of comfortable black. I hear something being set down on the desk by our modified bed. "Here, you need to drink," I felt a cool glass tap against my shoulder and I reach to grab it.

I hold the cup to my lips and gulp the water down like my life depended on it. God I felt like shit.

"You should lay back down," he gently nudged my shoulder after picking the empty glass from my hands. I can only muster the energy to make a noise of agreement before laying back. The dizziness sweeps me for a bit before the headache reveals it's presence once more.

"Where did you even find me...?" I mumble out, voice a tad rough.

"The training room," he muttered, sounding rather upset as he set the glass down with a clink. "I shouldn't have left you alone with him..." He murmured under his breath, but the pindrop silence of the room made it easy to hear him.

"It's not your fault," I make an attempt to laugh, coughing a little instead. "I get heatstroke from time to time... It's a side effect of my Quirk," I try to reason but the tense silence tells me more than enough.

I hear him shuffle nearer, although tentative sounding with how slow they were. The bed sunk down beside me and there was silence for a moment more. Then, something cold pressed against my searing forehead. I let out a soothed sigh.

I'll admit it took a minute before I realised it was his right hand.

"...how often do you get heat strokes...?" He muttered as his hand moved down my face and cupped my cheek. I leaned into his cool touch. "Well, mild ones like this...? Once or twice every couple of months...?" I murmur, the headache subsiding and the exhaustion setting in.

I hear him hiss out a breath through it's soft.

"Don't worry... I'm used to it... I just take some sugar and rest a bit..." I yawn as his thumb slowly moves across my cheek.

I feel his touch stiffen a little, his movements stalling.

Still, I'm too exhausted.

Everything kind of fades into a silent darkness.

-

-

-

"Then I'll have to be there for your future episodes..."

After all,

he reasoned,

-

-

they were partners.

__________

The next day began with a rather pleasing start. Having fallen asleep so early the night before, I found myself waking up thirty minutes before our alarm.

I yawned and stretched a little before nuzzling further into the pillow.

That was until the pillow wriggled.

My eyes shot open and I looked up gingerly to spot a sleeping candycane boy.

I glance down at our situation and realise his right hand was draped over my upperarm and wrapped tightly around my torso. His left was kept tucked to his chest as though conscientiously positioned to contact me as little as possible.

'was he...?'

I let out a soft amused huff. The thoughtful bastard had purposely used his right side to cool me off over night while ensuring his left side wouldn't warm me back up.

I'd be lying if I said I wanted to leave his embrace, but I knew that waking up like that would cause an awkard tension the rest of the day. So leave the comfy cocoon I must.

I gently lift his arm, that I'll admit was pretty stubborn about letting go, and crawl out from under it, sliding gracefully off the bed.

And by that I meant I'm surprised that the sound of my rump contacting the floor didn't wake the whole building, let alone the boy sleeping like a meter away from me.

I groaned under my breath as I steadied myself against the desk.

The light fron the rising sun peeked in through the cracks of the sheer curtain, exposing the dust specks that flew around the room. A soft breeze blew in through the ajar window and flowed around the room.

"...pretty..."

My eyes widen and I turn to the boy who was now propped up onto his elbows on his side. His face was slightly ruddy from the cold and his bangs a mess of red and white. His eyes were half lidded, his lips parted in a dazed looking pout and he clearly didn't notice what he'd just said out loud.

Yet the orange colour that spilled into the room flooded his mismatched eyes as they looked straight in mine.

'God, he's always gorgeous...'

I shake my head softly and scoff.

"You awake sleepyhead?" I speak in a louder voice hoping to shake the boy to his senses. I place my hairtie between my teeth as I gather up my hair, the lack of humidity in the room mkaing it much easier to tame my mane than usual.

I can only hear a soft groan and the bed creaks as his feet hit the floor.

After the final twist, I let my hands drop as I turn to face thr boy who was currently pulling his toiletries out of his bag.

Then we headed to the bathroom and brushed our teeth side by side.

'hmm...'

Then we made the bed.

"..."

Then I passed him his belt as he tossed me my sleeves while we changed.

-

-

-

'AREN'T WE BEING A BIT TOO DOMESTIC HERE..??!?!'

I pause in the middle of pulling my sleeves on and look at the boy who was in the middle of putting his boots on.

He looks up at me with a raised brow and I immediately turn the other way.

'WE TOTALLY ARE...!!!!'

-

-

-

Then a knock sounds fron the door.

"Endeavour expects you downstairs in five minutes."

-

-

-

'welp, there goes the atmosphere...'