Chapter 8: CHOKE ME LIKE YOU HATE ME-

I feel my eyes glued to the spectator screen as Midoriya and Bakugou square off.

I always knew Bakugou had a tremendous amount of power.

With the sheer firepower of his quirk, I always knew he could be lethal. Yet I could hardly believe my eyes as his finger hooked around the pin of his grenediere bracers.

From the horrible point of view we had in the viewing room due to the ill placement of the cameras, it sure looked like he was aiming head on. Plus, we didn't get any audio from the scene, leaving me to struggle at interpretting their quick exchanges through screens of dissapating smoke.

I could barely register the voice of All Might ringing over the intercom, telling Bakugou to stop before he killed Midoriya.

"'He won't die if I don't hit him'..." I mutter in an echo of Bakugou's words.

The cameras flash white as the ground beneath us shakes.

The class rings out in uncoordinated gasps of shock. "Woah this is nuts!" Kirishima yelled. All Might leaned over the intercom microphone, demanding for confermation of the two's wellbeing.

"Yamada," I turn, spotting Jirou with Kaminari in tow. I notice her hands over her ears.

"Hey Jirou, your ears okay?" She replies with a small nod. She opens her mouth to talk but Kaminati cuts her off. "You said something before the explosion right?! About Bakugou?" I supress a snicker at Jirou's annoyed expression and allow her to elaborate.

"He won't die if I don't hit him? I think was what you said." She looks up at me.

I give a small grin and nod. "With Bakugou's extreme way of talking it'd be a miracle if I couldn't tell what he said," I wave towards Jirou's ear jacks. "Were you trying to listen in on them by plugging into the wall?"

She answers with a sad sigh and a nod, clearly still regretting that decision after the earrape she had to go through with Bakugou's loud-ass explosion.

I wince at the idea and pat her on the shoulder.

"Wait! So you can read lips?!" Kaminari yelled again despite standing right beside Jirou. She shot him a glare he was either unaware of or unbothered by. I nod and chuckle. "Just something I picked up as a kid," I wave it off.

Well with the amount of talking the scientists did behind a soundproof glass wall when I did my quirk tests, it wasn't much of a surprise I'd been able to pick out some words here and there.

"Still, I don't think Bakubaku was trying to kill him," I change the subject as we turn ur attention back to the screen, the visability increasing as the smoke began to clear. "It wouldn't look good on his record if he wanted to become a hero~" I hum.

I could hear Kaminari sigh from behind me. "For that reason...?"

"Bakugou! Used that stored up power again and I'll stop this fight! Your team will lose," All Might sure sounded like a teacher in these kinds of situations.

I could see Bakugou evidently wince in annoyance.

All Might continued on his speech, alluding to the logic behind his idea but my eyes were glued to Uraraka as she squared off against Iida.

Iida seemed a little crazed, truly embracing the role of a villian. Not quite what I expected from such a goody-two-shoes but it was an interesting sight. 'Evil Iida... Kinda creepy...'

Still, Uraraka was clearly at a disadvantage.

She'd have to touch him to use her quirk, but with him zipping around everywhere that was practically impossible. Plus, it seemed Iida had the foresight to tuck away anything Uraraka could have used her quirk on.

'if they could just get this battle into the air, she'd have the upper hand...'

Well, no shame in admiting I was rooting more for the heroes than the villians. Was it because I liked Midoriya and Uraraka more?

Not really, I liked all of them, they were all interesting characters.

Was it because I wanted to see Katsuki Bombomb lose to someone he clearly had deep seeded resentment for?

-

-

-

Oh very much so, yes.

Still, it was really impressive how agile Bakugou was. He seemed to manuver through the air effortlessly, each blast perfectly calculated to bring him where he wanted. Not an inch too far, not one too short.

'he's more precise than Kageyama's tosses... LE GASP.'

It was a finely honed skill.

It made me want to fight him.

I glance down at Midoriya. I hadn't really given him much thought so far, after all, I didn't even know what his quirk was. I suspected it hurt him, considering the state of his finger after the fitness test but otherwise, no clue.

Still, getting this far with Bakugou without a quirk.

The boy was pretty damn tenacious I'd give him that.

Yet that's all he seemed to have as Bakugou knocked him down once more with a right hook.

"I thought Midoriya was pretty amazing at the start of the fight," Kaminari chimed in. "But he's completely unmatched in term of combat power."

Midoriya quickly scampered away from an incoming attack by the human hand grenade.

He turned and exchanged words with Bakugou as the blonde came closer.

'wait that spot...'

Bakugou's hands smouldered as time seemed to slow, embers bubbling and expanding as he swung at Midoriya.

'yikes, poor boy-'

-

-

-

A flash of bright green.

-

-

-

My eyes widen.

"THAT'S-!"

The explosion reverberates, shaking the room once more.

Yet somehow, I don't think this was just from Bakugou anymore.

I push past Kaminari and head closer to the screen.

I look up to find the monitor displaying Uraraka and Iida.

"She's airborne..." I mutter as Uararaka takes advantage of this situation. She uses her quirk on a pillar that had come loose, using it as a bat to hit the lose rubble and colataral at Iida.

Then, while Iida is kept busy, she lauched herself over the giant hole, landing nicely on the payload.

"Captured!"

My eyes flit back down to Midoriya, the smoke finally settling.

His arm, from the elbow down, was entirely purple. Swollen and bruised like it had been cut off from his body's blood circulation for a week.

This was the damage his quirk did.

This was the power his quirk had.

It seemed like I had more than just Bakugou to look out for.