Chapter 19: HOES BEFORE BROS- wait...

"Hey Todo, what was Mr Aizawa talking about?" I lean over, using the chatter of the class to hide our conversation.

Yep I said Mr Aizawa.

The very same one who was bleeding from every orafice a couple days ago...

THIS MADMAN CAME WALTZING INTO CLASS WRAPPED UP MORE THAN KING TUT.

"Honestly, do you ever listen?" Yaoyorozu turned around, an exasperated smile on her face. 'Oops, mom caught me...'

"I stopped listening after Iida was told he was the only one standing up," I waved a hand.

"The UA Sports Festival is coming soon," Tokoyami turned over to inform me.

'damn am I THAT loud?'

"Is it a good idea to have a sports festival so soon after the USJ incident?" I heard Jirou ask as the class suddenly hushed. 'yes Jirou, my responsible QWEEEN-'

"Apparently the administration thinks that this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and that we remain unaffected." Aizawa clarified though he himself seemed a little hesitant of the decision.

"However, the fact remains that the event is a huge opportunity for all of the students in UA. Its not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

Grape boy who had bigger balls on his head then down below was quick to voice his fear and objection to the decision.

Aizawa then proceeded to explain the importance of the sports festival, mentioning how it had replaced the once most viewed sports competition, the Olympics. He reiterated how the event was entirely safe and yadda yadda. You get it, safety guaranteed.

"Its one chance a year, three chances in your liftime to show what you've got," damn, who knew Aizawa had motivational speaking skills. "That means no slacking off in your training."

"Yes sir!"
___________

"That villain stuff sucked, sure..." Kirishima started as I headed over to his and Kaminari's table.

"But I'm pumped for these games!" He was so excited it was honestly adorable.

Sero walked over, giving Kirishima a friendly nudge with his shoulder. "We put on a good show! We're basically on the road to being pros!"

It seemed those around us shared our enthusiasm as the classroom errupted in individual conversations discussing the upcoming event. Even Tokoyami was chatting with us more talkative than usual.

"You're so lucky Shoji..." Kaminari whined. "People will definitely notice you with your quirk," he sighed, obviously refering to the extra limbs the masked boy possessed.

"No doubt you'll make a scene too," Jirou snickered, jabbing at Kaminari's tragic but pretty damn hilarious drawback of using his quirk, turning stupid. Denki glared at the girl.

"Aww no need to be a buzzkill Nari~" I snicker, coming up behind Jirou and resting an elbow on her shoulder, the same devilish taunting smirk playing at our lips. "I'm sure Dumbki will be very popular~"

"STOP TEAMING UP TO ATTACK ME WILL YOU?!"

We laugh for a bit until Ochako's mad yelling reaches our ears.

"I'LL DO MY BEST!" She hollered, pumping her fist into the air, full of determination.

Sero and Kirishima mirrored her actions albeit let enthusiastically and more out of confusion.

I walked over to join them as we headed down for lunch but spotted Todoroki from the corner of my eye.

'he usually sits alone doesn't he?' I think with a sigh.

"Hey guys," I wave as I rendezvous with my usual group. "Help me tell Bakugou I'll buy him his drink some other time," I say, recalling how the last time I'd tried to buy him one the cafeteria was already closed. "I think I'll sit with Todoroki today, try and crack that shell of his," I give a grin, hoping they wouldn't think I was trying to ditch them.

"Oh thats totally cool man!" Kirishima beamed. "Trying to get someone out of their shell is so manly of you!" He gave me a quick side hug as Sero and Kaminari just flashed me grins.

'...I THINK IMNA CRY...'

I laugh it off before my heart could get too mushy and rush off to find Todoroki.

I finally find him in line for the Traditional Japanese Cuisine stall.

"Hey Peppermint, can I join you today?" I grin as I pop out from behind him. He looks over his shoulder, staring at me for a few seconds with a stone cold expression before he turns his gaze forward again. I felt my stomach turn as I considered the fact that he'd just done the in person versiom of leaving me on "read".

'I THOUGHT WE HAD A BONDING MOMENT!! I CRADLED YOU IN MY ARMS!!'

Well okay maybe not that ladt bit but still! I thought I'd finally made progress with the stoic boy...

Then he gives a small nod.

I can't help the wide grin that spreads across my face as I shuffle up behind him.

It took a litle pushing but eventually we had a small conversation going. We chatted about a few randome things, the upcoming sports festival, how we think it'll go. I learnt that he pretty much ate the same thing every day, cold soba...

"Hmm, maybe I'll try that today then if you like it so much," I grin, deciding to have my miso ramen some other day.

"Since their quirks are so similar to one another, its possible that All Might's trying to help Midoriya," I overhear Iida and Uraraka's conversation. It seems Todoroki hears them too as he glances over his shoulder to check out the pair.

'It is true that their quirks are really similar... Both power enhancing, strength based quirks...' I pondered as I compared their two fight styles in my head.

'plus Midoriya even uses the same attack names as All Might...'

I look up at Todoroki who seems to have something on his mind too.

'not to mention Midoriya admitted that his power was given to him...'

'there may be something more to this...'

But still, it was a secret nontheless and I wasn't about to snitch on my boy Midoriya after all those really cute notes he wrote about my quirk.

"Hey Todoroki," I snapped him out of his thoughts and he looks up at me.

"which noodles should I get? Full buckwheat or blend?"