Chapter 33: come get your Todoroki comfort here!

"I never noticed how long your hair was..." I heard my roomie mutter as I scrubbed at my head with a towel.

I pause, hanging the towel around my neck and pick up a lock of my hair. "Hmm, guess so..."

'to be fair, I haven't cut it since waking up...' By the time I'd been picked up by Hawks my hair was already by my shoulder blades, I guess I never bothered to cut it since.

"Kinda gives me that femanine charm that girls like ya know?" I grin, giving him a plauful wink as I continued drying my hair off. He gave a small shadow of a smile and flopped back down onto the bed.

I look out the window and rub my hair more. "Just sucks it it takes forever to dry I guess..." I mutter to myself, unaware that, yet again, the boy's hearing was far more sensitive than I realised. "I can help," I heard the bed creak as he turned the chair so that my back was to him. "Hmm?"

I felt the towel get pulled from my hand and saw it get set down on the desk in my peripheral. His fingers grazed my neck as he pretty nimbly gathered my hair together, causing a few goosebumps to rise to my skin. Slowly, I felt his left hand raking through my hair, the warmth extremly soothing in the cold of the tiny room. I swear I had to stop myself from sighing in relief.

His fingers combed through my hair gently, careful not to hurt me while the soft heat rid my hair of water.

"Remind me to get you to do this more often," I breathe, relaxing into his touch. A nice scalp massage after a long day of being cramped into trains? Heck yes.

I hear a soft exhale, I'd long since realised it was his version of a chuckle. "Sure."

But alas, all good things must come to an end and once my hair was dry, his hands untangled themselves from my hair.

"Thanks, that felt amazing," I sighed happily, flopping down onto what we silently agreed would be my half of the bed. Todoroki whispered a short response before shuffling off the bed to switch the lights off.

As we lay in bed, while it was surprisingly comfortable, I had to ask the boy something.

"So, you're using your left now...?" I mutter into the sheets I'd pulled up to my chin. "I'm proud of you..."

-

-

-

"Thank you..."

'it was all thanks to you...'
________

"HOT HOT HOT!" I yelped as I quickly dove out of the flaming behemoth's attack. I wasted no time in using a gust of wind to cool my skin off.

I could smell my singed hair.

'Jeez, how much longer is he planning on doing this...'

We had already been doing this "training" for two hours now, and by training I meant his relentless attempts to turn me into a human candle.

"Stop your complaining!" He boomed, sending another barrage of flames my way.

At this point I was more than done with this.

This wasn't a damn test.

I was a human punching bag.

I spread my arms out before me and pulled every molecule of oxygen I could control away from the flaming behemoth. With no fuel to burn, the hero's flames go out.

I scowl at him.

"Are we done?"

He sends a venomous glare my way but eventually nods and I release my hold of the oxygen, feeling my skin practically radiate heat as the energy from the oxygen I was holding in place dissipated. Instantly, he caught fire again like some kind of match. "Finally..." I sigh under my breath, stomping my boot into the floor, sending a rather large shockwave that seemed to rattle the hero before me.

Not that I gave two shits at that point, it got rid of the excess energy which helped me cool down faster.

"You," he stated in a somewhat more respectful tone than before. Well as respectful as the dickbag could be. Seriously, what did Hawks see in this guy? "So you can control whatever you touch?"

I cross my arms defensively. "More or less..." I mutter cautiously.

He gives me a final look before turning to the door. "I suppose you will be worth my time," he spoke like the pompous asshole he was. "You will match Shouto well, I expect you to serve him well."

I frown at this.

"Well I don't need to serve him, he does plenty well on his own already," I can't quite stop myself from speaking. "But I will help him, not for you, but because he is my friend." I state firmly, to which he scoffs.

"Friendships are fickle, useless things," he says before pulling the door open.

"You are..." I mutter which makes him stop temporarily. "You're a sad, sad man, aren't you...?" I shake my head to which he simply scoffs again and throws the door open, letting it slam behind him.

'fucking douche...'

I groan and collapse to the floor. Damn did that take a lot out of me.

My cuffs and heels were glowing and waning brightly, indicating that I had pushed myself a little too far. I panted and gasped as beads of sweat rolled down my face. The adrenaline was draining and the pain of all the little scrapes and burns I'd so nicely aquired began hurting.

Heat flowed out of me at break-neck speed to compensate for all the energy I'd taken in. My fingertips felt numb as blood rushed to the surface of my skin to cool.

My muscles slowly froze over and locked in place. As the sweat on me slowly cooled and evaporated, I felt like some kind of statue, mortar and concrete sealing me in place.

I couldn't move.

I didn't want to.

'Maybe I'll just....'

'take a rest here...'