Chapter 45: can you tell that I'm hungry?

"I CAN'T BELIVE YOU ALMOST BROKE MY LEG YA DAMN BIRD BRAINED BI-"

"Language darling," Recovery Girl peeked from around the curtain.

"Right sorry," I turned back to the downcast bird man. "YOU HORRID RAT OF THE SKY! YOU'RE WORSE THAN A DAMN PIGEON! OR THOSE UWU BIRDS!" I yell, throwing every available item at him, which he just catches with a feather that returns the items back to where they originally were.

"I'm sorryyy, really turtledove, I am," he pleaded, tugging on my pants as he fake weeped.

"It was on instinct! You caught me off guard there...!" He whined and I crossed my arms, looking away.

I wasn't really mad at him.

Just pissed that I might have failed my exams just because of this damn bird brain.

-

-

-

Also maybe I needed his reaction to remind myself that this really was the Hawks I'd spent the past year with...

His attitude the whole time...

Really freaked me out...

"C'monnn, I'll buy you bubble tea?" He offered and I just looked at him.

"Two cups...?"

-

-

-

"As many as you want for the next week...?"

-

-

-

"...and we can stop having KFC for a month..."

I grinned.

"If you say so!" I chirp and he looks at me like I'd just stabbed his newborn.

Then, from outside the door echoed a rather recognisable voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE ICYHOT?!"

"I'm checking on Ryo, for the sake of the others too," I heard the softest mumble, a large contrast to Bakugou's volume.

"Well, that's my queue to leave!" Hawks winked, throwing the curtain and grabbing Recovery Girl by the waist. "You're coming too!" He grinned and Recovery Girl merely sighed.

Then they took off, out of tue window.

I stared at the ajar window in a mixture of shock and iritation, the papers still fluttering to the floor and curtain still flowing from the speed at which they had flown out with.

Then the door slams open.

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP FOLLOWING ME!"

"I already said I was just visiting Ryo..."

I turn to the walling disaster duo and sigh at the sight of the two of them glaring at each other.

Yet, I can't help the grin that rises to my lips.

"So are you guys here to see me or just bicker?" I chuckle as they turn to me.

Bakugou clicks his tongue and looks away like the tsuntsun he is while Todoroki walks to my side, crouching to meet my eye level.

Then he presses his forehead against mine.

I look at him a little confused, but then he's pulled away from me.