- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 43 -

- Roxanne's POV -

"Jason, prepare my private jet, we're going to Italy," I say looking up at Jason. I had everything planned already to help in the attack, but I needed to go back home. Thankfully, one of the things Jason was best know for doing was following orders, and mines were more than simple.

"Roxanne-" Lucas tries to speak put I shut him up by speaking over him.

"Lucas, I really wanted closure on us, especially when I officially made up my mind that I loved Mattheo. And now that we're getting married and I'm pregnant." I say giving him my disappointed face which was 'mostly' an act.

"Your pregnant?!" He says in shock. His eyes widened as if he couldn't believe the words that just came out of my mouth. He looks down at my stomach and then back up at me.

You couldn't see anything because I had a big sweater on me, which was a good thing because I don't really want people to know I'm pregnant yet.

"Yes, and that's why I need all of you to come with me. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself but this isn't just me anymore, it's me and my child. So are your in or out?" Looking at all three of them as they stood in front of me.

"Do we have a choice?" Jason says sarcastically and I smile at him. He already knew the answer to that. I liked Jason, he was funny but also respectful in a way.

"No, not really," I say honestly.

"Thought so" he mumbles under his breath. Crossing his arms over his chest looking over at Lucas. Honestly, we were all looking at him. He looks over at us and sights heavily lifting his hands in surrender.

"As you said, we don't really have a choice." He says looking at me. I grin and walk over and hug him. You know despite the fact that I love Mattheo, it doesn't mean I didn't love and care about Lucas too. I just loved Mattheo more.

Pulling away from the hug I look up at him with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, I never got to speak to you properly but everything in my life has been so chaotic lately and...also because I never really had the guts to," I say meaning every word. He smiles and plants a small kiss on my head.

"It's ok, I forgive you. I know you're under a lot of stress, especially now." He says with a chuckle making me roll my eyes in a funny way.

"Ok well, chop-chop. We don't have all day!" I say mostly focusing my attention on Jason but before he could leave, I stop him.

"Oh and, one word to Mattheo and you're a dead man," I say tapping his shoulder giving him permission to leave. His shoulders stiff but he quickly walks away.

"And you, call mom and Camila and tell them about everything," I say and he nods before leaving.

"What's my task?" Lucas says with a smile. That's when I forget, I haven't eaten anything all day and I have a baby inside of me who's really small but I'm still eating for two.

"Get me food, I'm starving," I say and he nods walking away. It felt good to give orders, not gonna lie, it felt like forever since I did. After a few minutes or so Lucas brings me food and Andre told everyone what happened and what's going down.

Two hours go by and Jason comes back to tell me everything's ready. We all get on the jet and tell the pilot where ready to go. I'm not gonna lie the trip was a little long from new york to Italy but there was no other option. The whole time on the jet we were all planning and discussing what we were going to do. My team was going to be small for reasons. But I did need confirmation from my closest friends, although I knew they would more than defiantly agree, I needed to make sure.

When you join the Italian mafia it's a ride-or-die situation. And since my friends were more like family if one was in, we were all in. When we finally arrived, there were two cars waiting for us to head to the base. I'm not going to lie it felt good to be back home. I could already tell we were nowhere near the states, starting from the weather.

When we got to the base everyone was waiting for us, I made sure once we got here to inform everyone. Christian, Alex, and Emma were all outside waiting for us. As soon as I got out of the car they all ran to me and pulled me into a group hug.

"Ugh, I missed you guys so much," I say as we all laughed.

"We all missed you too, boss" Christian says making me smile.

"So it's true, you and the American Mafia leader," Emma says looking down at my hand where the ring was. I lift my hand and look at the ring and smile.

"Yeah, I guess life has its mysteries ways of making you fall in love with your sworn enemy," I say with a chuckle looking back up at Emma to see her grinning. I scratch my throat coming back to reality. I was here for a reason, and there was no time to waste.

I look behind me and motion my head telling everyone to follow me.

"We have a lot to discuss, but first I knew to know if your in or not. This is one of the riskiest things we have ever done." I say as we walk inside the base. As we step into the office that used to be my father's I stop at my tracks and take a deep breath before turning around to face everyone.

"We all know what the Russians have been up to, every step of the way. The things they have done to our Mafia and others, because of this we've all come together to form a group to go against the Russians and end them once and for all. It's not an easy mission, especially going against one of the biggest and most heavily guarded mafias in history." I say looking at every single person right in their eyes. but when my eyes land on Andre his face says it all. He wanted me to tell the full truth.

"My fiancee recently left for this attack last night, without warning. This is a very dangerous mission I'm not willing to let him and everyone else's with him fight alone, the more people the better it is. I need to know if you're in or not, and I understand if you're not-" I say but Christian interrupts me.

"Bullshit, you know where in. Were not just a Mafia were a family." He says stepping up where he was and looking up at everyone else. I smile and look over at Alex and Emma. Alex rolls his eyes.

"I never thought I'd be agreeing to anything this...douchebag would ever say but yeah we are a family, and we always stick together no matter how bad it is," He says making chuckles come out of us.

"Yeah, we're more than in," Emma says with a smile. I smirk and looking over at everyone.

"Then let's bring these bitches to their knees and show them who's boss," I say. Everyone cheers and shouts.

"Oh and I almost forgot," I say making them go quiet. Everyone's eyes going straight to me. The guys already knew but my family friends didn't.

"I'm doing this badass pregnant style," I say. Their eyes go wide open in shock but quickly go to a smile.

"I'm gonna be an uncle!" Christian says coming up to me and picking me up in his arms making me a sequel.

"Put me down loco," I say in Italian making him laugh, putting me down gently Emma comes up and hugs me tightly but not enough to take the air out of me.

"Im so happy for you," She says pulling away.

"Yeah well, so am I but this baby just gonna have to stay put until I kick some ass," I say making her laugh.

"Do you think it's safe for the baby for you to be fighting?" Alex asks. Andre burst into laughter but quickly goes quiet when Lucas punches his shoulder.

"I wouldn't go there if I were you, buddy," Andre says rubbing his arms and giving Lucas a WTF face.

"It's safe as long as I am, and I'm more than capable of keeping myself and this baby safe, especially with your support," I say and he just nods, but I can tell he doesn't agree as much as others don't as well.

"Alright, so when do we leave?" Christian asks looking at the guys. I look over at Jason letting him answer his question.

"Now," Jason says and Christian smirks fisting his hand and making it hard against his other hand.

"Then we should better get going." He says. And I nod in agreement.
----------
Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3