- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 42 -

- Roxanne's POV -

He's not answering my calls or texts and I'm starting to worry, a lot. I haven't talked to or seen him at all today. Mattheo's never the one to ignore me like this especially since he knows I'm pregnant.

What if something bad was happening to me? He wouldn't even be able to find out because he wasn't answering me. I walk back into the living room after I stepped out into the hallway to call Mattheo for the thirtieth time.

"Hey is everything ok?" My mom asks as soon as I walk back in. I sight holding my phone in my hands. I'm trying my best to keep calm but all I can think are bad thoughts. What if something happened to him?

I mean I know that Mattheo's more than capable of protecting himself and so can I, but anything is possible.

"Um..." I say trying to come up with what words to say. The only option I had was to go to the base and check out if everything was ok, but it was almost midnight, and it wouldn't really be a good idea to go alone.

"I'm not sure, it's Mattheo. He hasn't been answering any of my phone calls or texts and I'm starting to worry. He's never done something like this before." I say.

"Have you talked to him at all today?" Camila asks and I shake my head in response.

"That's weird," Andre says. Crossing his arms over his chest. I give I'm my 'duh' face. I swear he can be stupid sometimes.

"Ok, what can we do to help?" My mom asks. I put my hands on my hips and then I look up at Andre. I was going to go to the base and he was coming with me like it or not.

"Andre, your coming with me," I say walking towards the door and grabbing my jacket.

"Wait, what? Where are we going?" He asks as I walk back into the room slipping on my jacket.

"We're going to the base. I know some things up, and since I'm pregnant, I can't go alone. So you're coming with me." I say. He stands up from the couch and walks towards me.

"I should go alone, your right, maybe something up. But-" He tries to say but I interrupt him.

"If you finish that sentence you're going to wish you never did," I say giving him my very pissed face. He does not want to get on my bad side, nobody does.

"We'll keep in touch," I say with a nod to my mom and Camila before I walked out the door. Andre grabs his jacket and follows behind. We slide into the back seats and before the driver could say anything I look up at him and show him I'm very angry.

"To the base, no matter what your boss told you," I say and he nods quickly understanding my orders clear as day. I lean back in my seat as we take off. I could feel Andre's eyes on me so I turn my head to look at him.

"Anything you wanna say?" I ask lifting my eyebrows at him and he shakes his holding back a smile.

"Nope," he says looking towards the other direction making me smirk.

"Good" I say looking out the window. Where ever the hell Mattheo was doing I knew it wasn't good, and so did he.

That's why he's been avoiding me so I don't get involved, but he should've been smarter than that to know that I'm very stubborn, and it's going to take take a lot more than not to answer my phone calls to push me aside.

When we arrived at the base, there were guards outside heavily guarded. When I tried to walk up towards the door they blocked the entrance not making eye contact with me.

"What the hell?" Andre says from behind me. I just stood there looking at the guards and then up at the security cameras. I guess everyone wanted to see my bad side today.

"I'm not feeling really nice right now, but I'll let you pick the easy way or the hard way." I shout out at the Cameras.

I started getting a little impatient so I pulled out my gun. The guards point there guns at me trying to scare me. I scoff with a smile on my face. I forgot how good this feeling was.

Before I could take action the front door opens and I see Jason come out. His face was not so pleased with my visit but I didn't give a damn.

"You both know better than to make a stupid decision like that, If she were to get hurt not only would you be fired but the boss would take your life with his hands," Jason says talking to the guards, they look down and stand on one knee in respect.

"Don't be so harsh on them, I'm pretty sure they were just doing what they were ordered to do, right?" I say putting my empty hand on my hip.

"Mrs-" Jason says putt I inturpt him with my hand.

"I don't want to hear it, where is he?" I say Lowering my hand and looking into his eyes but he looks down at the ground as if he was ordered not to say anything. Ok, hard way it is.

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt with all my strength and dragged him inside the base throwing him against the closet wall I saw once I walked in. A few guards walked up to me but I just glanced at them and they knew better then to even try to step a foot in front of me.

"Where the hell is Mattheo!" I yell at Jason. He looks up at me frustrated himself but he wasn't going to fight back, as he said to the guards. He knew better.

"Roxanne!" I hear a male voice yell at me. I turn my head slightly to see Lucas. I look back at Jason and shove him against the wall again making him know where not done here.

"Let him go, he has nothing to do with Mattheo being gone. I know where he is." He says. I look over at him and then let go of Jason.

I look around the base to see almost everyone looking at the scene I just made.

"You better not be lying to me like that Lucas, as you can see I'm very pissed off at the moment." I say walking towards him.

"Yeah, I can see that" he says with a sight. Relaxing his shoulders.

"Andre," Lucas says looking up at him. My brother gives him a nod not saying anything back.

"Why the hell are you even doing here?" I ask. I know Mattheo would never even let him step foot in here since the last time.

"Funny, but Mattheo told me to take care of you and your family while he was gone for a couple weeks." He says and that's when it hits me. He left. He left to Swedish and the rest to attack the Russians.

"He left?" Andre finally decides to speak. I walk away from Lucas and my brother and look around the base. I mean it wasn't to late to leave, If I left now I could make it on time.

"Roxanne?" Lucas says softly but all I could think of was how fucking pissed I was at Mattheo. Why would he leave all of a sudden like that without telling me anything. His text in the morning didn't match up with anything right now. He would have told me right? something must have happened before he decided to take off like that.

"The attack wasn't until another few weeks, why the sudden take off?" I ask turning around looking at them, including Jason who was still rubbing his neck and chest from my strong grip.

Jason and Lucas look at each other and then at me.

"If one of you doesn't start talking it won't be Mattheo killing you it will be me!" I Say. I see Jason gulp. Lucas just inhales, getting ready to speak.

"Taylor was here" He says exhaling his breath. I look up at Andre and he was just as shocked as I was. what the hell.
--------
Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3

Rivals To Lovers | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara