- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 46 -

- Mattheo's POV -

I kick the gun out of the guard's hand and grab him by the neck and slam him against the wall. more guards approach me and I shot them all as they fall to the ground.

I glance over at Roxanne to see her fighting this guy. I would help but he seemed to be getting his ass kicked really well. She finally finishes him off by slitting his throat, she turns and looks up at me with a smile.

"How did I get so lucky with women like you?" I ask her and she chuckles.

"I know right? Sorry, I can't say the same about you." She says making me laugh. from the corner of my eye I see someone come from behind me but Roxanne throws the knife she has in her hand over my head hitting the guard right in the neck making him bleed out in seconds and fall to the ground.

"Close one," She says looking up at me from the dead guard.

"I let you take him," I say with a smirk as she rolls her eyes.

"Roxanne, We need your help its an emergency. Lucas is hurt." I hear Roxann's walkie-Talkie say. She looks up at me and presses to butter to talk.

"On our way," She says. I could see the worry in her eyes. I take her hand in mine as we ran towards the entrance where they were.

"Fuck!" We heard Lucas scream in pain as he pressed down on his wound. Emma and Alex were next to him trying to comfort him.

"What the hell happened?!" I ask looking up at Alex.

"He was shot, the wound looks bad and he's bleeding out a lot." He says, I look down at the ground to see a pool of blood on the floor. I knew by the look of his wound he wasn't going to survive a wound like that especially since the closest hospital was more than fifteen miles away. Roxanne lets go of my hand and squats down to Lucas's height.

"Lucas," She says in a whisper as her eyes watered.

"I'm ok, Roanne. I'll be fine" He says with a forced smile as he places his empty hand on her cheek.

"No, no you're not, you're dying." She says as tears ran down from her face.

"I'm sorry If I ever hurt you in any way. But I want you to know that I love you, I always have but you found someone better for you, someone who makes you smile, who makes you happy and loves you with everything he has." He says as his eyes start to water.

"No Lucas, you're going to make this, you have to be strong." Roxanne Crys shaking her head.

"I'm happy, I got to experience what I never thought I could. And that's love. I'm at peace." He says. Roxanne breaks into a sob leaning in to hug him. He kisses her head and whispers something in her ear she can only hear, she nods in reply and pulls away.

"I'm happy she got lucky with someone like you," Lucas says looking at me. I nod back in reply.

"Thank you, for everything you did for her and her family when I couldn't. You were the man I couldn't be for her." I say making him smile sadly with a nod.

"Goodbye," He says taking his last breath and closing his eyes. Roxanne pulls into my chest and sobs hard. I hold her in my arms trying to comfort her. Andre and Jason come running down the hallway and look down at Lucas who was died.

"Holy shit!" Andre says covering his mouth with his hand in shock.

"We got the people we wanted and killed the rest, were ready to go. boss" Jason says looking at me. I nod in reply.

"Let's go, home baby" I whisper to Roxanne and she nods still crying. My team and Roxanne's go in different cars as Roxanne and I go in a separate car. The whole car ride I held her hand trying to comfort her in the most way possible. I knew she loved Lucas, he was a great guy despite how much we hated each other. They were close.

- Roxanne's POV -

I can't believe it. Lucas was dead. He died right in front of my eyes. Every time I closed my eyes it hurt, I could just see him there, suffering. He was a great guy who deserved better in life, not someone like me who ended up betraying him in one of the most painful ways a guy could ever experience.

And despite all the things I did to him he still loved me which made me hate myself even more. When we arrived at my base I said goodbye to my friends but it wasn't forever I was going to be back soon. We all headed back to New York, when we landed Jason and Andre went to take our prisoners to Mattheo's base while Mattheo and went home. I was more than exhausted.

"I'll go prepare a bath for us, ok?" Mattheo says looking at me. I smile and nod. He was trying to help and comfort me which I loved because it was all I need from the man I truly love. Getting out the bloody clothes I get in one of the black robs Mattheo has. I walk into the bathroom and Mattheo smiles when he sees me.

He was in his boxers while he filled the tube for us, he also put bubbles in it which he knew I loved. I let the rob hit the floor as I walked over to Mattheo and brushed my lips across his tempting him to kiss me.

He pulls me into a soft kiss being gentle with me. He slips out of his bowers as we entered the warm bubble bath together. Once we were fully in he pulled me into his chest as we let the water relax our exhausted muscles.

"I'm sorry, Roxanne." He says softly while caressing my arm. I thought I forgave him for what he did so why is he apologizing about?

"For what?" I say looking up at him to see him looking down at me.

"For everything, you don't deserve all of this hurt. Hurt that I caused you-" He says but I stop him turning around from off of him and got on top of him, straddling him.

"Hey, no. You don't get to say that. When I made the mission to love you I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I didn't care what was going to happen as long as I got to be you." I say placing both of my hands on his face making him look at me.

"I love you Mattheo, only you," I say pressing my lips onto his. He places his hands on my hips pulling me in closer to him, chest to chest.

"I love you so much Roxanne, Words couldn't even begin to express how much I do," He says in between the kiss. I pull away and look into his beautiful dark green eyes that I missed so much.

"Your right, words cant but everything about you can," I say with an aw smile. Mattheo flips me over again so I can be in his arms. I close my eyes listening to his heartbeat. He was all I ever needed, my only reason to live. Him and our baby.