- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 27 -

- Roxanne's POV -

Before we left the house Mattheo handed me over a few bags that had expensive brands on them. I looked at it confused about why he was giving me it. Was it for me?

"What's this?" I ask him.

"I asked a friend of mines to buy you something nice to wear. I thought you wouldn't want to go out looking like that" He says looking up and down at me. True, although it was really comfortable.

"Oh, thank you," I say with a smile and he nods with a small smile forming on his lips.

"If something doesn't fit you let me know," He says and I nod. I go upstairs and change.

Whoever picked out these clothes had style for sure. I wore a black corset top with black jeans, a Gucci belt, and black heels with red bottoms. I had my white Rolex on with my daily jewelry.

When I looked in the mirror I looked good. I also put a red lip on to make my outfit pop. Before I walked back downstairs I grabbed the Black leather jacket that was also part of the look.

When I got downstairs Mattheo was on his phone waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. He glances up at me from his phone and his eyes widen.

"Wow Roxanne you look stunning," He says, I could see a sparkle in his eyes.

"Thank you, I'm ready when you are," I say.

"Cars waiting," He says with a smirk. He lays out his hand for me to take which I do.

When we walked outside there was a car waiting for us out front. we get in and drove to the base. It wasn't a long drive to the base which was good.

I was a little nervous to go to the base, especially since the last memory I had of everyone and everything was the last memory I had.

When we got there once again Mattheo opened the car door for me and offered me his hand. He was being such gentleman which I loved, I could use to this for often.

When we walked in I could tell people were looking at us discretely. But I couldn't believe my eyes, the one person who thought I wouldnt see here was here. What the fuck was Lucas doing here, was this all Mattheo's sick way to make me look and feel bad.

I quickly let go of Mattheo's hand but It was too late, Lucas's face said it all. He looked anger than sadder. I didn't know what to do, It felt like time froze.

"Roxanne?!" Lucas stands up from the chair he was sitting at and walks up towards us.

"Lucas," I say quietly. I wasn't feeling so well, at least my gut feeling wasn't right. He looks up from me at Mattheo. I looked down at the ground ashamed and embarrassed.

"What the hell are you doing at my base, Lucas?" Mattheo says I look up at Mattheo to see no emotion on his face.

"I went looking for Roxanne after she disappeared, everyone is looking for her and her family," He says looking back at me.

"What the hell are doing with...him?" Lucas asks looking at Mattheo.

"Don't push my buttons, Lucas. You have line don't cross it" Mattheo says. Mattheo puts his hand on my waist bringing me closer to him. Oh shit. It was moments like these I wished the ground could swallow me. Lucas's eyes go right to Mattheo's arm around my waist.

"Can we talk, in private?" Lucas asks me softly. I look up at Mattheo and his face said it all.

"No, she cant" Mattheo growled.

"She has a mouth you know? She can speak for herself." Lucas says angrily knitting his eyebrows together. He was right I do have a mouth and I have to stand up and make everything clear. I take Mattheo's arm off of me and he looks at me confused.

"Your right I do, and I'm not picking sides either. So if you excuse me, I'm leaving" I say walking away towards god knows where.

"Roxanne, where the hell is you going?!" I hear Mattheo yell.

"That doesn't concern you," I shout back not turning around to face either one of them.

I wasn't going to get in this mess, they both liked me and I liked both of them but right now I wasn't in the right headspace to make any choices.

Everything in my life was happening too fast, I still had the pain of my father leaving us, and I know it was out of his hands to die but I just wish he stayed a little longer.

Walking down the hallway full of offices and rooms I hear footsteps behind me. From the corner of my eye, it looked like a tall man but I couldn't make it obvious I was looking at him.

I walk a little faster turning a corner and walking into a room. When the footsteps come closer and closer towards me I walk out in front of the person before I could even make a move in them, they grab my wrist stopping me and bringing me close to their face.

"Want to try that again, love?" Mattheo's deep but smooth voice says causing goosebumps on my skin.

"What part of, it doesn't concern you where I go don't you understand?!" I say yanking my wrist out of his hand.

"And what part of you at my base does concern me do you not understand?" Mattheo says with a smirk. Asswhole.I cross my hands over my chest and raise a brow at him.

I don't need a fucking babysitter.

"Come with me," He says turning around and taking a few steps before looking back at me.

"Do you want to do this the hard way or the easy way? You pick sweetheart." Mattheo says with a strict tone. Is he expecting me to play along? Well, I'm not.

"Fine then," he says walking towards me. I looked at him confused about what the hell was he about to do. Next thing I knew I was over Mattheo's shoulder screaming and punching his back but it was like he was made of fucking steel.

"Mattheo!" I yell probably loud enough for the whole base to hear me but he didn't care. All I could see was the floor and his ass. A very toned ass to be precise. I knew he had a muscular and toned body but I never looked at his ass before especially from this angle.

"I gave you a chance princess, but you picked wrong." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Fucking put me down right now, I'm not playing these stupid games with you!" I yell but all he does is laugh deeply making me feel the vibration of his chest linger over my body forming butterflies in my stomach.

What the hell is Mattheo Anderson doing to me?!
-----------------------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3

Author note: Guys thank you so freaking much for all the votes, reads and comments! I love you guys so freaking much for making my dreams come true.

Ok but for real can we all just talk about how Mattheo and Roxanne are just straight-up goals ?! 😩