- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 22 -

- Roxanne's POV -

It's been almost five months, five months of pain and suffering. My dad recently died two months ago on a mission. Andre says it was a planned death but I don't think so. I just feel like he's overwhelmed and grieving from his death and wants to think that there was a reason behind his death.

He's been working late nights in father's office trying to find the killer and drinking more than average. Every now in then, I'd check on him to make sure he was ok. At night I saw him sleeping on the desk with a bottle of our father's favorite whisky and files.

My mother had to be forced out of bed to eat and bathe herself. My sister on the other hand was quiet, she would do everything but without a word. This family was broken with my father.

I hated seeing everybody this way. Our home is quiet and not the same anymore. I've been grieving a lot by sleeping with Lucas. But I promise you it wasn't because of love, it was for pleasure. He recently went back to the states for business matters but promises he'll be back.

I've been really busy with missions here and there. Trying to get my mind off of all the bad things. But out of all the bad things, there was good. After my father died on his death will he wanted me to take over and not my brother.

I was really confused about why because my brother was always the favorite in my eyes but I guess I was wrong. We recently gathered more members in our mafia which was great. A few of our best assassins train the newbies.

I was at the base just to check up on how everything was going. Christian, Alex, and Emma were some of my most trusted people or friends I guess you can say. Alex and Emma were dating and Christian was kind of a player I guess you can say.

We all pretty much grew up together but after I started getting missions and stuff our relationships went in their own separate ways. But we still talk here and there for work. I walk into the training room and see them all teaching the new folks.

"Hey, how's everything going?" I say out loud my voice echoing the large room. Everyone stops what they're doing and stand up straight not making eye contact with me.

"Well I'm not gonna lie there doing great," Christian said with a proud smile.

"Yeah, I can see that. Alright, back to work everyone" I say with a nod and everyone goes back to work. Emma and Alex walk up to me and Christian. Alex had his hand around Emma's neck pecking her lips softly as she giggled. I'm not gonna lie there were goals.

"Gross guys, do you really have to do that in public. Go get a room!" Christian cried like a baby as a chuckle escaped my lips.

"Fuck you, Christian, you're just jealous," Alex said, sticking out his tongue at him as Christian rolled his eyes.

"Oh you boys just love each other so much," I say sarcastically as Emma laughed.

"It's not my fault he's such a dick" Christian says pointing at Alex.

"Well I'm sorry that your-" Alex says but I cut him off.

"Alright that's enough," I say changing my town in a more demanding way. They all looked in different directions in embarrassment.

"We're sorry boss" Christian apologizes.

"No I'm sorry, I'm just not in the right state of mind right now so I apologize," I say.

"We understand and you don't have to apologize," Emma says with a smile that makes my smile back a little.

"If you ever need anything or want anything count us in," Alex says and I nod back.

"Thank you guys," I say with a smile.

"Oh cut the crap group hug," Christian says opening his arms and we laugh and do so.

"Ugh I love you guys," I say trying to hold back my tears.

"We love you too," they all say at the same time as we laughed.

"I hope me being boss now doesn't ruin our relationship more than it has," I say while still hugging.

"Of course not," Emma says.

"Hell Nah girl," Christian says.

"Yeah hell Nah girl," Alex says imitating Christian accent. Making us all laugh again before pulling away.

Out nowhere the doors to the training room slam open and two guards run towards us.

"Um...Boss, it's your brother he says it's important and urgent" one of the guards says. I look at my friends one last time before answering the guards.

"Is everything ok do you know anything?" I ask them and they shake their head no. I turn back at my friends.

"I'm so sorry I have to go but keep up the great work they look almost ready for anything," I say with a smile. They smirk and nod back.

"Ok let's go," I say to guards as we walk out.

I wonder what's so urgent that my brother sent guards to call me.

I got in the car with my driver's and got back to the house. The house was full of black cars surrounding it. It looked like something bad was going on. I get out of the car and run inside.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" I yell once I set foot inside. My eyes widen to see guards holding my family down at force on the ground with guns to their heads.

"Not move," my brother says and I nod.

"Who's doing this?" I say angrily at one of the guards. And my eyes couldn't believe it. After so long he decides to just show up at my house and try to kill what was left of my family. Hell no.

Mattheo walks out of the kitchen with a gun in his hand and an apple in the other. His eyes hit mine and he smirks.

"Hello love, glad to see you again after so long. You look great by the way" he says before biting into his apple.

"What the fuck are you doing here Mattheo!" I yell walking up closer to him. But he stops me.

"Ah ah ah, I wouldn't take another step if I were you. Or somebody's head might blow off in here." He says with a smirk.

"Go to hell!" I growl at him. As he laughs evilly.

"That's not what you would have said a few months ago when we would, you know" he winked at me. I look over at my family to my mom crying. Camila and Andre really pissed.

Just when I thought my life couldn't get worse than it already was.