- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 44 -

- Mattheo's POV -

My team and I were in Sweden now. I was to meet up with the Japanese and European groups as well. Once we got there we all were to have everything ready for tomorrow but also get enough rest for the fight.

Even if I tried to get some rest I couldn't, for many reasons. But my main reason was Roxanne. I left her and our family in Jason and Lucas's hands. Yes, you heard that right, Lucas. No matter how much I despised the guy, I knew he would do anything in his willpower to keep them safe.

The only contact I had was a burner phone that had Jason's number in it. I told him he could only call me if there was an emergency, but now I was the one having the emergency. I needed to know if everything was ok or I would go insane and wouldn't be able to focus on the attack tomorrow.

I Pick up the burner phone and call Jason. It rings once and he picks up quickly.

"Hey, boss. Everything ok?" He says calmly.

"Yeah everything is great, I just want to know how Roxanne is, Is she ok?" I ask. He sighs which makes me even more concerned. I knew Jason like the palm of my hand. I knew when he was lying, how he was feeling by just hearing the tone of his voice.

"What is it?" I ask firmly.

"Everything's fine, I promise you. Roxanne on other hand isn't so...happy that you left her without saying anything." He says. Now I'm the one who sights. I knew that would piss her off, a lot. And I have no idea how I'm going to make it up to her. I was mad at myself for doing it but I wasn't doing it to hurt her, although it was selfish of me to think what was better for her than asking her.

"Are you with her? Can I talk to her?" I ask, I already knew the answer to that and so did her. It wasn't a good idea but I wanted her. My whole body and soul were aching for her. Being away from her for a few hours was enough torture but being in a whole other country was even worse.

"I don't think that's a good idea, boss," He says quietly, trying not to sound rude.

"Jason get your ass over here, We need to go, Now!" I hear someone on the line yell. But I could recognize that voice anywhere, It was her's. I smile, just hearing her voice made my heart race.

"Is that her? Where are you?" I ask.

"I-uh gotta go. Sorry, boss." He says and hangs up the phone quickly before I could say anything back. Fuck. Now I wish I wouldn't have called, I want to know what was going on. I wasn't stupid, It was clear he was hiding something from me, they both were.

I threw the phone on the bed and ran a hand through my hair in frustration. I look around the room and my eyes hit on my laptop. I grab it and open it hoping to track the burner phone and find out if they were still in New York.

Italy, they were in fucking Italy, at Roxann's base to be exact. Those little shits, they clearly can't follow some fucking simple rules to keep them safe, my words were exact. What the hell were they doing there anyway?

- Roxanne's POV -

"Jason get your ass over here, We need to go, Now!" I yell at Jason. He quickly runs into the room and sits down looking up at me. I look down at him and he looked like he was just caught doing a crime but was trying his best to play it cool. I roll my eyes and look back at the computer which had the plan written down when we'd attack. It didn't have time to deal with the asswhole.

"Ok team, the plan sounds simple but it isn't so pay close attention unless you want to die," I say looking at everyone and they nod back in reply.

"Mattheo's team will be split into four big parts taking over every entrance and exit they have, except the main entrance. That's where we will take in. Alex, Emma, and Lucas will go in after Andre, Jason, and I do. While we're inside, I need you guys to make sure the perimeters outside are clear. We don't want any unexpected visitors coming from behind." I say pointing at the map of the base.

"We will have all the necessary weapons needed, Extra ammo, Blades, guns, grenades you name it. Take whatever you need. We all must wear bullet prom suits for safety, of course, and we will have walky-talkies to keep in touch if we need anything. Got it?" I say, looking up from the screen towards everyone.

"Understood," Andre says. Christian, Alex, and Emma nod.

"Done this more times than any of you have" Jason says with a smirk. Jason was the oldest out of all of us, he was probably in his late twenties or early thirties so I can see what he means by that but that doesn't make him any better than us.

"Whatever makes you sleep better at night, Jason," I say making everyone chuckle, he just rolls his eyes.

"Lucas, this is your first ever fight and it's one of the most dangerous first ones anyone could ever take. Are you sure you want to do this, I mean you could just stay here and help out with the others," I say, He scoffs with a smile spread on his lips.

"Trust me, I have experience. Plus what man would that make me? I made a promise to Mattheo, that I would do anything in my hands to protect you, and staying behind isn't how I plan on doing that" He says. I smile at him in reply, I really wish he could find someone he loved as much as Mattheo and I loved each other. He deserves better.

"Ok then, Let's get ready to keep some ass, shall we?" I say slamming my hands on the table.

"Hell yeah, baby!" Andre says standing up. Everyone gets up and starts preparing themselves for the fight. After a few hours or so everyone was fully armed and ready to fight. Russia wasn't far from Italy, so it was a short trip on the plane. We'd get there just in time as the others, just as planned.