- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 29 -

- Roxanne POV -

"What do you have in mind?" I ask standing up from my chair. Whatever he had in mind I was willing to do. No matter the risks. I was tired of these Russians messing with me and my family and killing my father is way over the line and before you ask, yes I'm going to get my revenge in the most painful way possible. Nobody lays a finger on the people I love and care about.

"An Alliance," Mattheo says plainly. An Alliance? Does he mean to join our Mafias together? But the only way of doing that is by us marrying. That's what my father wanted until he found out Taylor was part of the problem with the Russians.

"Joining our Mafias together, like our fathers wanted," Mattheo says walking towards his minibar and pouring two glasses of Whisky. Handing me one, I take it. Its sweat but thick taste tingling through my taste buds like fireworks. I haven't drunken since the day of my father's death.

He never liked me drinking but I never listened to him. It somehow helped me think clearly, it was almost like I was slowly becoming an alcoholic. I Mix the drink in my glass before taking another sip of it.

"But the only way of doing that is by us-" I say but Mattheo finishes off my sentence.

"Marrying," He says in a soft and smooth tone making me look up at his beautiful eyes again. I get lost in them every time I look into them, his eyes soften at his words. We've had a past, a past full of passion and tension. But the more we wanted each other the more we'd have to take a step back, but what was stopping us now?

"So, do you accept?" Mattheo asks with a smile making me smile. despite everything, Mattheo was a very good-looking man, handsome to be precise. But picturing him as my husband, well I can't picture it.

"You know, you don't really seem like Husband material," I say my smile quickly turning into a smirk. He chuckles looking away for a second.

"Touche," He says making me laugh.

"So do you agree?" Mattheo asks lifting a brow waiting for my official answer.

"Yes," I say with a small smirk on my lips.

"I'm sensing a but" He states crossing his arms over his chest.

"Under one condition. I get to see my family, at least once a week" I say. Mattheo sights looking into my eyes as if he was thinking.

"Fine," He says making me smile. I'm actually surprised he said yes, but I'm glad he did. I'm glad he did all of this for me and my family.

"Mattheo, thank you, for everything," I say walking up towards him taking his hands in mine. He looks down at the ground avoiding eye contact. I place one of my hands on his face, he looks at my hand, and then at me. My heart starts to race in my chest and my breathing becomes heavier. I lean in closer to him and kiss him.

I pull away from the kiss and turn around to walk out but I feel him grab my wrist pulling me back into him. I place both of my hands on his chest feeling his heartbeat, looking up at him. He looks down at my lips before crashing his lips onto mine aggressively making a small moan escape my lips.

What was this man doing to me, I don't know if this feeling is good or bad but I don't want it to stop. One of his hands on my face and the other on my waist pulling me in closer towards him, more than I already was. I give into the kiss letting his tongue explore my mouth, I gently bite his bottom lip making him groan.

Finally, we both pull away for air. I bite down on my bottom lip with a smirk. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the best kiss I've ever had.

"What was that?" I ask almost in a whisper.

"I don't know, you tell me," Mattheo says pulling back a strand of my hair behind my ear looking into my eyes making me smile.

After we left the base Mattheo said he had to show me something. I wasn't sure of where we were going but it was really far away and deep into the forest. I look out my window up towards the sky.

The sky was tar-black, It looked like it was going to start raining any time now. That's one of the things I didn't really like about new york, it always rained a lot.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously starting to get a little impatient.

"You'll see," He says glancing over at me quickly before looking back at the road.

Pulling up into a path I see a large house start to become clearer and clearer as we got closer. It was a very beautiful house. It even had a lake behind it making the view even more spectacular than it already was. Mattheo parks up right in front of it and looks over at me with a small smile.

"Where are we?" I ask looking over at the big beautiful grey house. Mattheo doesn't say anything. He leans behind my chair and pulls out an umbrella. Getting out of his driver's side he comes to my side and lays out his hand for me to take. We walk up the steps under the umbrella and Mattheo knocks on the door.

A elder woman opens the door, she looks at me first, with a smile. Her smile widens when she sees Mattheo. I've never seen this woman in my life but she seemed to know Mattheo so I guess where good.

"Oh don't just stand there under the rain, come in," She says. We walk inside and my eyes widen at how beautiful and big the house is on the inside.

"It's so good to see you again Mattheo," The woman says pulling Mattheo closer towards her as she kisses his face.

"Mama, please," He groans in an uncomfortable way.

"Are you embarrassed by your own grandmother boy" She places her hands on her hips in a sassy way. A small laugh escapes my lips but I cover my mouth stopping me from laughing. I look the other way avoiding eye contact with Mattheo but I could feel his gaze on me.

"And what is this beautiful young lady doing with a man like you? She says walking away from Mattheo, taking my hands in hers. I smile at her words. I glace over at Mattheo to see him angry, almost like he was regretting to even bring me here. His grandma looks back at him and he forces a smile on his lips. I already love this woman.

"Well? are you going to tell me who she is, or do I have to do it my way," She says lifting a brow at him. Mattheo opens his mouth to say something but I interrupt him.

"I'm a close friend, My name is Roxanne," I say with a small smile. She takes her eyes off of Mattheo and looks at me with so much joy and happiness.

"I'm actually impressed Mattheo got so lucky with a girl like you," She says rapping my arm around hers.

"Join us for dinner," She says almost like a command, then a question. I smile in reply as she gently patts my hand in hers as we walk down a hallway leading towards the dining room. I hear Mattheo's footsteps behind us and my heart starts to beat in my chest.

Where are we and why did Mattheo bring me here?
-------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3