- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8 -

- Roxanne's POV -

Last night after killing that Russian man me and Mattheo's got rid of the man and cleaned off all the blood from the carpets making sure there wasn't any evidence.

I was knocked out once we finished and hit the bed. I remember saying something to Mattheo last as he came and laid in bed with me as I closed my eyes and fell to sleep.

I didn't know exactly what I said but I knew I said something. I woke up to the sound of soft breathing on my face. I slowly opened my eyes to see Mattheo hugging me against his warm body.

Mattheo's eyes closed as he smirked. He knew I was awake, his face said it all.

"Good morning beautiful," He says with his dark but smooth morning voice. It was really hot especially since he was shirtless in gray sweatpants with his perfectly messy hair.

"Mhm, don't call me that" I Pouted sleepy as he slowly started opening his eyes as I saw his beautiful green orbs stare right at me.

"I can call you whatever I want," he says pulling me even closer to him than I already was. I let out a sight as I tried to push myself off with my weak morning arms but he was too heavy.

"I can get used to this more often, you know." He says with a smile showing his white pearly teeth.

"Go to hell," I said quickly regretting it as he flipped over on top of me. His chain in my face looking more attractive than ever.

"Get off me, perver!" I yell trying to push him off me so I could stand up.

"I like you in this position," he said with a smirk on his face as I looked at him in disgust.

"Mattheo-" I say as I got cut off by a knock on the door.

We both look over at the door abs then back at each other. Mattheo puts his finger above his lips telling m to be quiet as I rolled my eyes. Leaning over me to grab his gun on the nightstand and walking over towards the door.

I take the opportunity and grab a knife and standing next to the bathroom door. Mattheo slowly opens the door walking out, checking that no one was there. I walk up to the door to see a note and a burner phone on the front doormat.

"Look" I whisper to Mattheo as he walks up to me and looks to where I pointed at.

"Who's it from?" He asks me as I shrug my shoulders and pick up the note and phone, giving the phone to Mattheo.

Note: For the next mission task.

"Mark," I say as Mattheo nods and we walk back into the room.

"Call," I say as he picks up the phone dialing the number that was on contact.

"We're here," Mattheo says on the phone putting the phone on speaker.

"Mattheo, Roxanne. Your next task is to attend their yearly masquerade ball. This year it will be attended at the state museum, Get as much information as possible and let us know, Understood?" Mark says on the phone. I nod at Mattheo to know that I agree.

"Yes, understood." He says.

"We'll reach out to you again for your next task," Mark says before hanging up.

"A ball?" I said thinking about what I was going to wear. I didn't bring anything fancy to wear for a special occasion.

"What are we going to wear, we have to look presentable to be undercover and I didn't bring anything fancy," I say frustratedly crossing my arms looking over at Mattheo for a response.

"I mean, there is a mall across the street," he says as I smile at him. Finally, he says something useful.

"What?" He asks with a slightly confused smile.

"Nothing, let's go. The balls tonight and we can't be late" I say as he nods.

We went to a couple of different stores but I decided to go with a simple black dress with an open back. I figured that showing off wouldn't really help with the staying undercover plan.

Mattheo picked out a nice black abs white suit, matching my black dress perfectly. We soon headed back to the room getting ready for the ball.

Finishing off my hair and makeup. And Mattheo finishing up tying his tie. The limo arrives to pick us up. When we arrive at the Musem. Mattheo pulls out a small box and places it in front of me.

"I have something for you," He says as I smile. He hands me the box as I open it, facing me. It was a beautiful custom red and black Masquerade mask with my name carved on the inside.

"Do you like it?" He asks with a worried smile rubbing the back of his neck looking down at the floor.

"I love it, thank you," I said smiling at him as he lifted up his eyes to mines.

"Would you?" I asked handing over the mask to him. putting on my mask as he tied it carefully not messing my hair up.

"There," He says as I turn around and face him as his smile quickly turns into a smirk.

"You look stunning as always," He says planting a small kiss on my forehead as I blushed.

"We should go in Mr.Valintino, we don't want to be late," I say with a wink. We needed names and I thought Mr. and Mrs.Valintino had a good twist to it.

"Yes, your right, Mrs.Valintino," He says quickly placing on his mask and exciting the car first helping me out.

Getting out of the car, Mattheo lands out his arm so I could wrap my arm around his before entering, As I did. We walk In without a problem passing security. I guess we blended in perfectly as we wanted.

It was one of the most beautiful museums I've ever been to, not going to lie. It had red carpeting leading to the ballroom with gold outlined paintings filling the walls. Arriving at the ballroom, It was full of people. Russian gang members to precise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note: really fun chapter to write. I wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support so far in the book. It's not easy to write a book and It takes time and effort out of people's day. But in my case, I do it for fun because It makes me happy, so a million thanks, amigos.