- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 34 -

- Mattheo's POV -

"So where are we going?" Roxanne asked looking out the window. My hand was on her thigh as I glanced over at her and back at the road.

I wanted to surprise Roxanne with something special I knew would make her happy. I knew with her brother not excepting us doing the alliance hurt her more than she showed it. Denial is something I've experienced my whole life so I knew exactly how it felt.

"Somewhere special where I like to clear my head a lot. I spent a lot of time there when-" I say.

"When I left," She says looking at me with hurt. I didn't know how she felt when she left me but it really affected me, more than I thought it would. But the way I went through it wasn't the right way to do it.

I would kill and torture people that owned me and messed with me to their limits until they would beg for me to kill them. I'd make other people watch so they'd know not to mess with the wrong person. I hatted being that side of myself, I had no control over it.

I didn't agree with what she said because it was obvious everything I did was because of her when she left.

"Mattheo," she says softly interlocking our hands together. Her touch was magical it would clear my head and bring all my focus to her. She was like a drug to me, so addicting in such a good but dangerous way because she made me vulnerable. Something no body has ever made me feel.

"I want you to know that if I could've taken it back, I would. I thought about you every single single day, wishing you were there with me. You make me feel wanted and loved. And no other man can ever make me feel that way." She says with her rubbing her other hand against my cheek. I smile softly at her words.

I pull over the car where we're going and look over at Roxanne. I take her hand off of my cheek and kiss it softly. Her beautiful smile facing me making want to take her right here.

"How did I get so lucky with such a beautiful, smart, and badass woman like you," I say with a smirk making her giggle. That sound, I could hear it all day and never get tired of it.

"Shall we?" I say opening the car door for her and helping her out. She opened her mouth in shock as she took in the beautiful view. She climbed up a few rocks to get a better view of the place and took a deep breath. I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and hugged her.

"This is-it's-" She says turning around to face me looking for the words to express the view. Her eyes in aw making me smile.

"Breathtakingly speechless, like you," I say to bring my hands to her facing and pulling her into a kiss. A kiss that would express how much I felt for her although nothing could even begin to describe how much I really feel, I wouldn't stop trying.

"I love you so much, Roxanne Knight. And even if we had to leave each other, no matter how painful it was, it brought us to where we are here." I say, slowly getting down on one knee. Roxanne quickly brings her hands to her mouth and her eyes start to water.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, the ugly and the good. Because I can't live a day in this fucked up world without you, you are my heaven on earth. Without you, I am nothing but a cruel human being. Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" I say slowly taking the red box out of my pocket and exposing the diamond ring.

"Yess!" She screamed, tears rolling down her cheek. But she wasn't the only one crying, so was I. I got up completely and took the ring out of the box and slipped it in her ring finger. She laughed looking at the ring and then at me before smashing our lips together.

"Fuck, I wish I could just take you here, right now," She said pulling away from the kiss and bitting now her bottom lip. I smirk at her request.

"Soon my, love," I say gripping onto her waist. She wraps her arms around my neck. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with her, start a family, and rule our empire together.

"Come," I say bring one of her hands down into mine. Climbing down we walk into a field of red and orange poppies. In the middle of the field, I had set up a picnic for us with all of her favorite foods.

"Mattheo you did not just do all of this for me," She says turning around to face me still holding onto my hand.

"You deserve more than this, my love," I say pulling her in from her waist and pecking her lips softly before laying down on the blanket.

"This is so beautiful and delicious," She says biting into the chocolate-covered strawberry. I laughed at her expression. Roxanne has a beautiful sense of humor that could brighten the whole world as well as her natural beauty in and out.

Roxanne laid in my chest as we faced the sky and the beauty of this place. Just laying here, with her in my arms close to me was enough for me to be happy. Roxanne was my reason to live, without her, my life was useless.

"Do you want to have kids?" Roxanne asks. I didn't even have to think twice about the question because I've always wanted to have kids.

"Yes, at least four," I say honestly. Roxanne stands up from chest still sitting down and looks down at me with a smile.

"Me too," she says happily making me smile. I'm happy she's thought about it too.

"I can picture a mini-me and you running around our house." She says picturing it in her head. I laugh picturing it as well.

"They'd be very rebellious and energetic," I say making Roxanne laugh. I bring back Roxanne to the blanket as I hovered over her. Her hand on my face pulling me in to kiss her but I stop her.

"I can't wait to make you my wife, the mother of my children. You are all I've ever wanted and more." I say meaning every word from the bottom of my heart. She pulled me into a kiss, that said everything.

"I can't wait either," she said pulling away and then going right back to the kiss that quickly escalated.
----------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3