- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 41 -

- Mattheo's POV -

"Boss," Jason says giving me a nod as soon as a walk through the base doors. I didn't even look at Jason. I was called because of an urgent request that I could only taken care of, by me.

In a few days, our team was fully set up and we'd be on our way to Swedish. All the Mafias have all planned to meet up there and carry on to Russia.

But something not so unexpected happened today. The base was packed with guards in and out. I feel Jason's footsteps behind me as I walked into my office.

Once I walk in I see him. He was sitting in my chair his feet on my desk with a glass of whiskey. Immediately all the blood from my body started boiling up in rage.

"Well, we'll we'll, look who decided to pay a visit," I say keeping my distance from my desk. I wasn't done it for my good. I was doing it for his, I wouldn't be able to keep myself under control if I didn't. Although the guy doesn't even deserve the slightest bit of mercy, but here I was giving him that one last chance.

"Brother," Taylor says joyfully kicking his feet off the desk and standing up. He had two of his own guards on either side of him. I knew he wouldn't be dumb enough to come alone, especially to a base full of my own guards in every corner.

"It's so nice to see you again, and everything you have achieved on your own." He says pointing at the room. I stand up straight lifting my chin up at him.

"Cut the bull shit Taylor, why the hell are you really here," I say making a chuckle come out of him. He shakes his head with that stupid smile of his.

"Ouch, you see I didn't home to pick a fight Mattheo. I came here to negotiate on the Russians benefits" He says. Walking around the desk, he leans on the front of it, his arms crossed over his chest. I scoff, does he really think I'm that stupid.

"Do you really think I'd be that stupid? Why the hell would you think I'd negotiate with the Russians having my own nemesis in front of me, knowing that the both of you have caused every bad thing that's happened in our lives" I say.

"Our?" He says with a smirk.

"As in you and your beloved Roxanne?" He says. The sound of her name in his mouth making me even more furious wanting to rip him to shreds. He has no right to say her name.

"You were willing to give away your own family for some bitch you never had the balls to kill." He says. That's it, nobody talks about my girl that way. Before anyone in the room could even blink my fist collides with his jaw in a matter of seconds.

Taylor falls to the ground holding his bloody mouth. His guards walk towards me and I smirk. Both Taylor and I knew that if they strike they were all dead meat including him.

"No!" Taylor yells pointing a finger at his guards stopping them as he struggles to stand up.

"You were never my family. Neither father nor you. Maybe mother. But that taught me that cruel people like you never deserved any type of love." I say coming closer to his face.

"Love is a weakness brother, it makes people vulnerable. But I'm warning you since you made it pretty clear you don't want to make a deal. We have eyes and ears everywhere. Don't think for a second that we don't know where you hide all the precious people that you love." He says whipping his bloody mouth with his sleeve. He doesn't know shit, he's just trying to get in my head like many have tried, but failed.

"Maybe that house with a lake behind it. Yeah, don't think I don't know. I know everything, even that baby on the way." He says coming to my ear and whispering the last part. My whole body stills and my jaw tightens.

He and his guards leave the room with a chuckle. When they do Jason comes around facing me. Waiting for me to give him an order maybe even to stop him, but I don't. This war isn't over, and if he even dares to hurt a hair on the head of the people that I love and care about then he better start praying for forgiveness.

My patience seised, and It's time to take action. No more waiting around for the right timing, the sooner we strike the quicker I get him, and the Russians off of my list.

Jason still in the room waiting for orders, I walk over to my minibar and pour myself a drink. I take one smell of it and that's when I realize Taylor poisoned it. I scoff, that little shit. I throw it across the room making the drink speel and the glass shatter into pieces. Jason lifts up his head looking at the mess I made and then at me quickly putting his head down again.

"It's time, we're leaving tonight. Have everything ready." I say looking down at my wrist where my watch was and then at Jason. He nods not making eye contact with me and walks out. My phone starts ringing in my pocket and I know it's Roxanne.

Taylor was right, Love is a weakness and makes people vulnerable. And Roxanne was my biggest one, especially now that she was holding a child, our child. I turn off my phone so I don't receive any texts or phone calls from her. First, it was her pushing me away for a good reason but now it was my turn.

I knew she was going to be mad at me, especially since I was leaving her but I knew I'll make it up to her, somehow. I take a breath in, closing my eyes. I hated this part of myself. It was like I was turning off all the good in me and turning into this vicious unmerciful monster.

I open my eyes and feel a wet tear rolling down my left cheek. I quickly wipe it away and smirk. And just like that, I was back at square one.

"You asked for it, now you get it," I say before walking out of my office.
---------
Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3