- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 39 -

- Roxanne's POV -

There I was, thinking about the worst of the worst crying for longer than thirty minutes on the cold bathroom floor. I hear a knock on the bathroom door startling me but I ignore it, hoping it would just go, All of it. Then I hear his voice.

"Roxanne," he says softly. Dimitri probably told him by now so it was no surprise that he came to check on me.

"Let me in, please baby," he says against the door. I look up at the door and stand up walking towards it. I take a deep breath before unlocking the door and opening it.

I look up at Mattheo to see a disappointed expression on his face when he saw how much of a mess I looked. He pulls me into his chest, comforting me as I started to sob again.

He walks us over to the bed as we lay there together. We just lay there in silence, I wondered what was going through Mattheo's head. I was scared and didn't know what to do.

After a few minutes of silence, Mattheo picks me up so I could straddle him with my legs around his waist. He cups my face and I could see his disappointment mixed with another feeling I've never seen before...hope?

"Roxanne, you know that I love you, right?" He says and I nod. His warm fingers across my cheek wiping away my cold tears.

"And you know that I'd never leave you no matter what happens?" He says and I nod again as I feel a small weight lift off of my chest. I knew he wouldn't leave me but when you're in a situation where I was you think of the worst, not letting you see the good.

"We've talked about us both wanting to have kids, and yeah it might not be the best timing but this is a blessing, Roxanne," He says. I bring his hands down from my face and try to get off of him but he holds me down by my waist. I close my eyes and look in the other direction not wanting to look into his eyes.

I was disappointed in myself, I let this slide without thinking it could've happened. Here I was pregnant with our child in the worst moment possible.

"Roxanne, look at me," He says softly. I didn't want to look in his eyes, I was too emotional. His eyes made me so vulnerable when I'd look into them.

"Whatever happens I will always be by your side Roxanne, you being pregnant is not going to change anything between us." He says bringing his fingers up to my chin making me look at him.

"I'm just scared," I say opening my eyes and looking at him. I feel my eyes start to water and Mattheo pulls me back into his chest and plant a kiss on my head.

"I know, baby. But we will work this out, together" He says trying to comfort me in the best way he could, and that's what I loved about him. He was already going to be such a great dad. I close my eyes and feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"I love you, so much," I say gripping onto his shirt scared that he would just leave but I knew he wasn't and he made sure that he wasn't.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise you," He says placing his cheek on my head.

. . .

It's been been a full week since Mattheo and I found out I was pregnant. And we haven't told a soul, other than Dimitri because he's the doctor. I told Mattheo that I'd make sure to tell everyone when I was ready, but I wasn't. I want sure I would I'd ever be ready, honestly.

I mean you could barely even see a bump. It was as if I was food pregnant. Dimitri told me I was almost half a month pregnant which was a shocker to me.

Since Mattheo found out I was pregnant he's been by my side the whole time. When I mean the whole time, I meant it. When I'd go to the kitchen to grab something to snack on he'd either bring it to me or come with me.

I would remind him that I wasn't even a full month pregnant and didn't have a big bump Stoping me from doing stuff. But he still didn't care, he said that he promised to help me through this whole pregnancy but I wasn't dumb.

As much as I wanted to have this baby and want him by my side he was needed at the base. This was going to be one of the biggest fights our Mafia's have ever had and my little bean baby wasn't going to stop it.

We were laying down in bed as I played around with Mattheo's hair, his head on my lap as he was going through his emails and stuff on his laptop. I let out a deep sigh, I was bored. I wasn't the type of person to just lay around in bed and do nothing. I liked keeping myself occupied with things.

"What's wrong, love?" Mattheo says looking up at me. I lean my head back on the headboard and look down at him.

"I can't take this anymore, it's killing me inside," I say honestly. Mattheo closes his laptop and sits up facing me.

"What can I do?" He asks to leaning towards me and stroking my cheek. God, he was so sweet for trying to help but unfortunately, he was the one causing my boredom.

"Nothing, I'm bored. I can't stand being in this house anymore without doing anything." I say and Mattheo starts laughing. I look at him annoyed but with a smile on my face.

"That's what your pouting about?" He asks with a chuckle. I nod taking another deep breath.

"Bebes, this is the only place where I can keep you and our baby safe." He says looking into my eyes. He places his warm hand on my stomach sending chills through my body.

"I'm not even a month pregnant, Mattheo. I can do stuff normally as if I wasn't even pregnant and there aren't my words, there Dimitris" I say. I sit there hoping that, that would at least let me leave this house and do something productive. But then I see that stupid smirk start to form on his lips.

"No," I say, knowing exactly what he was thinking. I knew him too well. Plus I wasn't in the mood.

"Why not? You said that you could do normal stuff like you used to right, what's stopping us?" He says leaning into me and kissing my lips gently. He slid his tong inside my mouth and that's when I push him away and stand up from the bed. It took a lot of me to do that, I could never get enough of him.

"This isn't going to work, I'm not going to be trapped in here like a prisoner. Either you let me leave this house with or without you, or you won't be getting anything from me during or after my pregnancy." I say putting my hand on my hips and give him my serious face letting him know I wasn't joking.

I look over at Mattheo to see him really thinking about my words. He finally stands up from the bed and walks over towards me.

"Does that include no touching, kissing, or-" He says but I interrupt him before he could finish that sentence.

"Nothing," I say a little too aggressive but I was willing to do whatever it took to get me out of this house. Mattheo inhales putting his hand on his hips and looking at me dead in the eyes. He knew I was serious and he knew that neither of us could resist without each other for more than a day.

"Fine," He exhales as if it was the hardest decision he's ever had to make in his whole life. I try not to show too much excitement and walk towards him. I stand on my tippy toes and cross my arms around his neck and peck his lips. He places his hands on my waist and lifts me up.

I wrap my legs around his torso and he pulls me back onto the bed kissing me properly. Like he was hungry for me. I'm glad he agreed because I wouldn't have been able to live longer than nine months without his touch.
-------
Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3