- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 20 -

- Mattheo's POV -

Lucas is so close to crossing the line with me. He's been trying to flirt with Roxanne which didn't bother me as much at first then it is now. He's starting to touch her and I'm not just going to sit around and watch. I'm the only one who can touch her because she is mine.

I've kept my eye on the guy when he's around her. And the way she rejected his touch made me glad. She never rejected me especially when I'd kiss and touch her.

I had a different effect on her. And she had a different effect on me like no other girl has ever had on me, and I knew we both felt the same way.

In the morning I thought I'd do my workout early at the base since I was going to spend the whole day there. I decided to go with a punching bag day today. Once I got down at the base I wrapped my arms before putting on my black punching gloves. As I started to punch I started to think.

I knew that exposing Taylor as the mole wasn't going to end up very well with Roxanne's family and mines, which is what I planned and worked. Taylor on the other hand was nowhere to be found.

Yesterday I spent my whole day trying to find the guy but I couldn't. I talked to one of my closest guards to send some of our most trusted people to go find him. Where ever he was, wasn't going to last long. My men are the best when it comes to finding people.

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turn around to see Roxanne leaning on the door.

"Hey, what are you doing here," I say exhaustedly trying to catch my breath. I take off my boxing gloves whipping the sweat off of me with a towel.

"Nothing just exploring the base a little more, especially since it might be the last time," she says looking around. I chuckled at her words. I grab my water bottle chugging it.

"It's not going to be the last time. We always find a way to find for each other" I say whipping the water off my mouth my arm. I smirk looking into her beautiful dark blue eyes. The more I'd look at her beauty the more id fall for her.

"Sucks right, having to see my beautiful face," she says with a smirk making me laugh.

"Beautiful is right, but it doesn't suck. Any guy would die to see your beauty one last time" I say making the room go quiet as we just stared at each other.

"So um, I actually came here to talk to you about something," She says walking towards me, breaking the silence between us.

"I'm listening," I say walking towards her. We were right in front of each other. I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked in a women's tux and heels. It made her look powerful like the queen she is.

"First go put on a shirt," she demanded raising a brow at me and crossing her arms over her chest, her eyes scanning my body as I smirked. I grabbed the shirt that was on top of my gym bag and put it on as she ordered.

"Ok now talk," I say waiting for her to just say what she was going to say.

"I know I don't have to tell you this but I am because I care and have a soul, not like you," she says as I scoff quietly with a smirk on my lips.

"I wanted to clear the air between us before you know, we move on with our lives," she says looking at me straight in the eyes.

"What do you mean clear the air?" I asked. I knew exactly what she meant but I didn't want to hear it.

She lets out a sight before she could speak again.

"Whatever we had going on between us has to end," she says, her eyes not leaving mines. I walk up closer to her. My hand caressing her arm all the way up until I got to her face. She watched my every move.

I pull in closer towards her, gently touching her lips tempting her to kiss me back. My arm gently placed on her back pulling her in towards me. A small moan escaping her lips.

"Mattheo" she moaned my name quietly. She finally gave in letting me explore her mouth like never before. I grabbed onto her hips harder as she let out a small moan again.

I wanted more of her, I needed more of her. I just couldn't get enough. I grabbed both of her legs wrapping them around my waist lifting her onto the table not breaking the kiss.

I pull away from the kiss to take off my shirt but she gently grabs my arms and stops me. I look into her eyes confused about why she wanted me to stop.

"This is exactly what I mean Mattheo, we need to stop whatever this is." She says getting off of the table still looking at me waiting for me to say something in reply. I just stood there thinking about her words.

"Is it because of Lucas?" I say my tone changing. Is she denying him because she thinks I'm going to be mad and do something stupid? Well, maybe she's right.

"What? No. I mean yes." She says letting out a sigh and closing her eyes in frustration.

"Even if it is Mattheo, we can't be together and you know that. I just wanted to clear the air between us before I left, which really isn't work out like I thought it would." She says rubbing her temples.

"Move on is that what you really want Roxanne!" I say angrily walking up closer to her holding her hand in mine looking into each other's eyes.

"What we have is more than that bastard could ever give you. We have something that cant be replaceable with anyone. Something special." I say the last part quietly.

"And I know sure as hell you don't want to move on. It's him, he's making you do this." I say my mood quickly changing again. She looked like she was thinking but keep her eyes on me.

"So please Roxanne, don't walk out on us without a fight," I say tears wanting to force out of my eyes. I don't remember the last time I ever cried but all I know is that it was as painful as this moment.

"I'm sorry, Mattheo," she says a tear rolling down her cheek as she quickly wiped away before walking out. hearing the sound of her heels fading away as she got farther and farther away.

She might be sorry but this wasn't over. Like I said we always managed to find a way back to each other in our small but fucked up worlds. I know we are meant to be and that this story wasn't over.

Even if it means I have to kill every single person that gets in the way of us. Including the alliance, Taylor, and Lucas. I still needed my dad alive for a while before I could hand him over to the Russians.
-----------------------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3

Author note: So much tension in this chapter it gave me chills. I just can't believe Roxanne's just going to gave up on them so quickly, she was raised to be a fighter. I think I'm going to have to sit down and talk with her. 😭✋🏻