- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 15 -

I've had a horrible headache this past week. We've been working hard trying to find the mole but he keeps setting traps on us. Something that we know for sure is that who ever this person is there not alone.

And they're really close with the Russians. Mark had Mattheo and I fly back to Russia just for a week so we could try to get into there base this time. But we weren't alone this time. Lucas Miller and some of his trusted friends came along with us.

Mark was really close friends with the Millers and they wanted to help. Mattheo wasn't very happy about it, I didn't really understand why. Lucas was a great guy. He was funny, good looking and for what I heard he's a good assassin.

After all we needed all the help we could get. The Millers had a safe house in Russia so we stayed there. When we landed a car took us to there. It was a beautiful modern black house in the woods.

It was about a 2 hour drive from the airport to the house. When we arrived, the guards took care of our bags as we went inside.

"Mr.Miller so glad to have you back" I nice old lady said with smile opening the door for us to walk in. She looked very nice.

"Thank you, Ada. I'm glad to say you to, the place looks just like I remembered." Luca said with a small smile.

"Well, I do my best to make it look and feel like home" she says with a small laugh.

"Allow me to show you your rooms" she says as we follow behind her up the stairs.

The twins Abigail and Jacob were two of the people that were going to be helping us. And Alexander was Lucas best friend who was also helping us.

Ada walked us to all of our rooms. I actually got lucky enough not having to share a room with anyone this time. My bags were already in the room as I started to unpack them. When I heard a knock on the door.

I was really hoping for it not to be Mattheo but then again it's always him. I operan the door and there he was. He look very angry not gonna lie. I backed up and went back to unpack I got as he walked in and closed the door.

"Need something solider?" I ask with a small smirk on my face not looking over at him.

"Yes, and don't call me that" he says as I look up at him, he rolled his eyes.

"So what do you need?" I ask as he walks towards me, sitting on the bed.

"The plan" he says as I put down what I had in my hands back on the bed. I almost forgot about the plan.

"Our only opportunity is when we go to the base, and now that we have help we can use them as a distraction." he says as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I still don't think this could be a good idea Mattheo, someone can get hurt and I'm not just talking one of them I'm talking everyone including us" I say as he scoffs. I give him a mad look.

"Your backing up aren't you. I should've known you'd be to scared." He says as I lift a brow at him.

"Listen idiot." I say getting up in face.

"I'm not scared of anything or anyone but let me get something clear with you. I care about people because I have a soul, apparently something that you don't have." I say as a smirk starts to form on his lips.

"So are you going to do it or not?" He says leaning in closer to me as our faces were inches away.

"Yes." I say confidently backing away from him.

"Good, will talk more about this tomorrow" he says walking towards the door but he stops himself looking at me.

"What now?" I say uncrossing my arms.

"Nothing just admiring the view one last time before I leave." He says with smirk.

"Get the fuck out" I say walking towards him but he leaves quickly.

Jackass.

After I finished unpacking I took a quick shower and got ready for dinner. I wore a chain strap black dress with some Louis Vuitton heels. For my hair I did some waves with little to no make.

I headed down stairs to the dining room. Once I walk into the room Lucas scratches his throat avoid contact as everyone looked over at me. The whole table went quiet.

But I could feel Mattheo's eyes like lasers on me. I swear it felt just like old times, I wanted to kill him.

"Sorry I'm a little late" I say taking place at the empty chair next to the twins. Ada walks towards with a bottle of wine and I nod my head for her to pour some in my wine glass.

"Thank you" I mouth to her as she nods with a a small smile on her lips and leaves.

"Roxanne, is it?" I hear Abigail say as I nodded grabbing my wine glass to take a sip.

"I'm Abigail, sorry I never introduced myself when I first saw you." She says with smile showing off her teeth. She was really pretty. She had blonde hair with green eyes.

"Thats fine" I say putting my wine glass back down on the table.

"What a Beautiful home you have here Lucas" I say looking over at him.

"Thank you, This house is actually my favourite safe house that my family owns." He says looking around with a smile.

I look over at Mattheo to see him already looking at me. But it wasn't eyes of love, it was of anger and hate. In that moment I knew we weren't in love, we just wanted each other for pleasure. All those words we said were sweet nothings.No matter what we do we will always hate each other.

I knew he wasn't jealous of his brother getting married to me, he just didn't want the alliance to happen and that way he could get rid of his brother that he hated so much and also so he could take over the mafia.

Oh Mattheo, just when I thought things couldn't get better between us.
------------------------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3

Author note: Ladys and gentlemen we have ourselves a detective over here!

This girl is smart but why can't she figure out who the mole is yet?

I have a feeling things are about to get good for real. So grab your snacks people were going on a road trip. 😉