- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 23 -

"Let them go, they don't have anything to do with us" I demand looking back at him.

"Your right, but I still need them alive" he sights looking over at them.

"What the hell do you want from me anyway? Shouldn't you be in the states growing your empire with the Russians?" I say angrily crossing my arms over my chest.

"Like it or not, for you," he says before signaling something to one of his guards.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I say confused as the guard walked towards me and before I could even flinch I was knocked out.

I slowly started to wake up to a horrible headache my head wanted to burst from the pain I was feeling. Guessing by the pain I was knocked out with a gun. I suddenly remember what happened a few hours ago. I was so distracted by the pain I forgot. I look around and see that I'm in a bed which looked like Mattheo's bedroom.

How the guck did I even get here? I get out of bed and see I'm wearing one of Mattheo's black T-shirts.

Fucking ass hole. Does he think he can just show up at my house after almost a year and then try to threaten to kill what was the rest of my family? Hell no.

I walk out of the room and go downstairs slowly. The house looked different since when I was last here. He changed a lot of things like the decor, floors, and walls. To be honest it looked better.

I walk into the dining room to a person cooking. It was a woman who had blond hair and was dressed like a cook. I couldn't really get her face since she was facing the other direction.

But no sine of Mattheo. I needed to see him and he better pray for forgiveness when I do. I turn around looking towards a hallway. Maybe he was there?

"Can I help you, sweetheart?" I hear women say. I turn to see the women who were cooking with a smile on her face that made me want to smile back. But I didn't.

"Um...well as a matter of fact yes, I'm looking for Mattheo do you happen to know where he might be at or where I could find him?" I ask with a fake smile showing off my teeth.

The women's smile disappears quickly when she hears me say Mattheo's name. Almost as if she was scared but why would she?

"You mean el capo? Nobody calls him by his first name he doesn't like it" she says going back to the food?" She says quietly.

"Well maybe that changed when he became leader but I've always called him by his first name and that won't ever change," I say in a sassy way and rolling my eyes. The woman glares back at me and then back at her food.

"Well to answer your question he might be at his office across the hall or at the base." She says looking back at me.

"Ok thank you?-" I say not knowing her name yes.

"Laura," she says with a smile.

"Laura. I'm Roxanne" I say with a small smile.

"Your welcome Roxanne, hope to see you around," she says and I slightly nod before walking toward the hallway. I'm not going to lie she looked pretty sus but I don't know maybe it's just me.

I walk in the hallway to see two big double doors. I didn't know if I should knock or just walk in. Oh, fuck it I'm just going to go for it.

I place my hand on the doorknob and open it. I slowly peek in before walking in. I see Mattheo at his desk working or something.

"How many times do I have to tell you to knock before coming in!" I hear him scream. My eyes widen at how angry he sounded. I see why the cook sounded so scared by his name. This guy was not the guy I left behind last year.

"It's me," I say walking fully in the door frame. Giving him full view that it was me.

"Roxanne? Sorry, I thought you were somebody else" he stands up from his chair rubbing his temples.

"Yeah well you shouldn't really be speaking to somebody like that in the first place," I say walking off towards his desk and taking a seat at one of his chairs in front of his desk.

"I see you're since of speaking from your mouth and not your mind hasn't changed," he said with a chuckle looking at me. I roll my eyes with a small smile escaping my lips.

Long time I haven't heard that laugh or seen that smile and perfect green eyes of his. Roxanne girl, the guy literally kidnapped you after almost trying to kill your family. Focus!

"Ok now enough with the flirting 'Mr.capo' why the fuck did you kidnap me and bring me here? Is my family ok? I swear if you hurt at least a hair on their head you're a dead man you hear me!" I say getting all up in his face. A smirk slowly starts to form on his lips.

"God I missed you, princess," He says smell making me angrier than I already was.

"First let's get a few things straight here. One your in my house now, under my rules and I will not let you speak to me that way. Two I didn't hurt your family because I don't have Intentions to. And three I have you here for a reason not because I want to make your life more miserable than it already is." He says getting up in my face.

"I want answers Mattheo" I demand. Our faces still up close to each other.

"And you will get them, I promise. But first, just sit back and relax" he says. I give him a look doubting if I should trust him. He looks over at the chair where I was sitting and then at me telling me to sit.

I take a deep breath in and out before sitting down. I had so many questions he had to answer.

"Ok, now I'm relaxed. I want to know everything since my family and I left what happened?" I say. He chuckled at the first part before leaning back in his chair completely not breaking eye contact.

"A lot has happened since then. Don't you want to know why you're here instead of what happened in my life a year ago?" He asks. One hand was on his lap and the other one held up playing with his rings while his elbow was on the armrest.

"No, I want to know it all, until I got into this office," I say looking around until my eyes meet his. I wasn't leaving without a story.
-------

Go follow me on Instagram @Jennithereader :) <3