Chapter 6

It was only after her mother died, that Sienna realized her mom only tolerated her. While Lance was, despite his aggressive nature, the favourite. Her mom was tired, exhausted, after catering to Lance's every mood, she didn't have the energy to be a mom to Sienna.

That made Sienna strong. The love and care she needed from her family but didn't receive, that alone made her stronger than a lot of men.

It wasn't until she met Jay, that she realized what a proper family really was. He was also alone. They were outcasts in their first tour. They didn't have anyone but each other but she didn't need anyone else.

Jay grew to be the only family she wanted.

"Hey" He rubs a hand over his eyes as he steps into the house at 3am. Jay sighs and collapses on the couch.

"Why are you awake?" He asks softly.

"I can't sleep" She says. "Jay, please tell me the shootings from yesterday had nothing to do with Lance."

Jay shakes his head as he tries to decipher how to explain to her that her brother is indeed the mass shooter, the one that bled dry Chicago.

"We have strong evidence that he's the shooter. However, we can't find him. He's disappeared."

"He's just going to keep on killing until he finally gets what  he wants. Me."

Jay remains silent, he wraps an arm around her shoulder and brings her body closer to his. When he found out the mass shooter was his best friend's older brother, he got scared that he might lose her. Whether in death, or if she decides to disappear.

Jay's no idiot, he knows Lance has it out for Sienna. He just doesn't know why.

**

With a dangerous smirk on his beat up face, he prances around Chicago with a gun strapped on his thigh. He's not afraid of the world, he has never been.

He's killed over 50 people, and he's not stopping until he kills his sister. 

He's learned everything there is to know about her, although she's a very private person with no social media. Who the fuck doesn't have social media?

Lance Roberts has been waiting for this day since he learned that his sister was the one that gave him up all those years ago. He learned that the police came to her, and she gave up his location.

She's a rat, and rats will die.

**

Sienna has just finished her shift. It's now 5am and the only diner still open is the one on the corner of the hospital. Worst coffee ever, but if she doesn't get her fix now she'll pass out before reaching her house.

"What can I get you, honey?" the waitress smiles tiredly. She must be exhausted working these hours. The only people that comes in at 5am in the morning are usually tired hospital staff or truckers. 

There's two men in the back, minding their own business as Sienna takes a seat near the window.

"Can I get a black coffee, please. Strong."

The waitress smiles, "are you a doctor or nurse?"

"Doctor" Sienna confirms. "Just finished a double."

The waitress nods, pouring the blonde her coffee. "Are you handling the shootings? Thank God I don't know anyone that was killed, but I've heard there was a lot of people and hospitals had to show people away."

Sienna sighs, "Yes, we are handling it. Thank goodness there have been no new cases" Sienna replies vaguely. The less the public knows, the better for police to catch Lance.