Chapter 67

Sienna carries the thin yellow folder with her as she exits the hospital. Kelly sits in the waiting room next to an older lady. His head is buried in his hands.

They've had their fair share of arguments before - even in healthy, happy relationships, you sometimes fight, but they always make peace right after. Never have they ever gone a weekend without talking to each other so both hearts are taking a toll.

"Kel" Sienna calls softly. He's in his uniform, his hat turned backwards. Why must he look so handsome when they're in a fight?

He stands up immediately and doesn't hesitate to take her in his arms. "I hate fighting with you. I'm so sorry"

"I'm sorry" She whispers, "I overreacted. We both said things in the heat of the moment, and I didn't mean what I said"

"I didn't mean it either" Kelly pulls away, "Patience is key, babe. We'll get our family, but in the meantime we need to stick together and focus on us, and our dogs."

Sienna smiles, "I love you, Kelly Severide."

"I love you so much" He kisses her again, "What's that?" He points to the folder in her hand.

"It's from DCFS, I haven't opened it yet"

"Well" Kelly checks his radio, "I told Cruz to radio me in so we have time" He pulls her down into an empty row of chairs and opens the folder.

"Are you ready?" Kelly asks and opens it upon her nod

**

Dear Mr and Mrs Severide

I have officially resigned from your case, as I have a few personal problems that I need to take care of. Rest assured, your application is still in the Department of Child & Family services' records and will be taken into consideration for adoption and fostering of a child.

Your new social worker, Daphne, will contact you shortly.

I hope you do find the happiness you need.

All the best

**

Sienna beams brightly, clapping her hands together in glee, "This is great news, isn't it?"

Kelly, mirroring his wife's expression, nods his head, "this is wonderful" 

He kisses her on the temple, "We'll stick together, we'll get through the process and one day we'll have a child. I love you"

"I love you more." Sienna kisses him, "Kel, we got into a fight before you could tell me what happened on Friday that had upset you?"

He sighs and opens his mouth to start the conversation, knowing his wife would be upset about it, but the beeping on his radio ends the conversation before it has even started, "I'm off tomorrow morning at 8. We'll get breakfast and I'll tell you everything, okay?"

She accepts it with a smile and a nod, "Go save some lives, lieutenant"

He smiles, "I love you" He kisses her again and walks out of the hospital. 

**

Sienna watches the dogs play with a corgi and a golden retriever at IHOP while she waits for Kelly to get there. His shift has just ended so she's expecting him any minute.

"You have beautiful dogs" A girl, probably in her twenties, walk up to Sienna with a smile.

"Thanks, they're a handful but their cuteness make it worth it"

The girl chuckles, "That's true. Well, have a lovely day"

Sienna smiles at the kind stranger, "You too"

Chasing The Burnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें