Chapter 59

As the trial against Choi and Morales continues, the hospital is busier than ever, and Sienna's team is short staffed.

"Roberts, ambo bay" April tells her in passing as she finishes with a car accident victim.

Sienna nods and runs up to the ambulance bay as the ambulance comes to a halt. She jumps in when she realizes that the victim is fighting for his life and the paramedics can't transfer without risking his life.

"Talk to me" She says softly to Violet. The paramedic is covered in blood. 

"12 year old Simon Keller, got jumped and raped in the school bathroom with a baseball bat." She reads off the stats on the boy and helps Sienna pull the trolley out of the ambo. 

"Alright, let's go to trauma two."

**

"Why is it so hot today?" Pete complains again as they continue to treat injured refugees and soldiers in a triage. The war against the Taliban has escalated, and about twenty-two soldiers have already been shot. Thankfully, none have died as of yet, but the day is still young and the Taliban is angry.

Sienna smirks, "You're a bit of a whiner, Peter. How does Daphne keep up with you?"  She teases

"She keeps me on my toes, that's for sure" The native New Yorker smiles brightly at the mention of his girlfriend. "I miss that woman. When will someone make an honest woman outta you, Fizz?"

Sienna shrugs, finishing up with an injured soldier. She stitches up his arm and then goes off to the next victim.

"Probably not soon, not with you all chasing off all the boys" She teases. Pete chuckles, "We'll always keep our lil sis safe from fuck boys"

Four more people gets dropped off by two soldiers, all of them gunshot victims.

"Four more?" Sienna sighs, "Rod, we need help here." She tells the solider that just dropped off the victims. She only has seventeen men on her team, and they are bombarded with patients.

We need help out there, Fizz. Sorry"

"Be safe" She tells the soldier and he nods before walking away. 

"Where do you want us, Lieutenant?" Smitty asks, a junior doctor that has just been recruited.

"Everywhere-" Her sentence gets cut off when there's an explosion, and the world goes black.

**

"Sienna, wake up" She feels someone shaking her. Her eyes are ringing, and her eyes are burning but she wakes up nonetheless, distraught and confused.

"What's..." She frowns as her throat clogs up from soot. "Where are we?"

"Askut!" (shut up) A Taliban screams, waving his shotgun around. 

She looks at Peter, the fear in his eyes reflect the way she's feeling right now. 

"We've been kidnapped, Fizzer."

"Askut! You bloody Americans can't keep your mouths shut!" another one of the enemies' men scream at Sienna, he holds a gun to her head, his finger is resting on the trigger causing her to keep quiet. She looks the man in his eyes, "I hear you, my name is Sienna. I'm a doctor, I see you've been injured. I can help you" She notices the cut on his head, bleeding profusely.

"No!" He screams, "Shut up, bitch!"

**

Maggie has requested to not work the desk, and instead help Sienna on the case of the little boy that got raped and jumped. He was beaten really badly, and his injuries are severe.