Chapter 40

Jay wakes up from constant ringing. He groans and fumbles to get his phone off his bedside counter. Whoever is calling him at 4 in the morning better have a fucking good reason because he's about to blow their brains out.

"Yeah?" He answers, not even checking caller ID.

The one on the line is out of breath and panicking, and words he never wants to hear gets spit from their mouths.

"Antonio Dawson has escaped police custody."

**

"Do you know how lame our wedding would have been if you had drowned?"

He chuckles

"Just me standing alone at the altar, looking sad and hopeless."

He chuckles at her, pulling her closer to him. "I'm just going to ignore you."

**

Jay falls out of bed and gets dressed in jeans and a random green shirt he found first in his messy closet. He grabs a jacket and leaves the house. On his way to the district, he calls Sienna but it goes to voicemail. He calls Kelly, knowing his best friend is off shift and probably staying over at Kelly's. The firefighter's phone also goes through to voicemail.

"Fuck sakes, the one time you need them to answer" He mumbles in frustration. Deciding to let it go he parks his car next to Adam's and gets out. Chicago is quiet, the air is crisp but not as cold as it usually is at 5 in the morning.

Adam waits for him outside his truck.

"Antonio has escaped custody. Man, what a world we live in." Adam is flabbergasted, they all are.

Antonio Dawson was a decorative police detective, one of the best there was and now he's an escaped convicted drug addict.

What a world.

**

They walk into the district and immediately goes upstairs. Upon entering, they see Voight; Hailey and Kim already there. Attwater runs in behind them.

"Thanks for coming two hours before shift starts, but we have a problem." Voight says and they all turn around when they hear the gate slam shut. Trudy walks up to them.

She stays quiet, listening to what Voight is saying.

"An hour ago Antonio punched out a guard, and escaped from custody. We have no way to track him."

**

She smiles and kisses his cheek, "In all seriousness, I'm really happy you're okay, Kel. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't made it."

He smiles at her, "I'm not going anywhere, Sienna."

"I'm proud of you" She says out of the blue, "What you did for Cruz, and what you continue to do every single day of your life, you're the best man I know. I'm really proud of you."

Kelly sighs and kisses her temple. "I love you so much."

**

"Goodbye Doctor Choi" Sharon smiles at the doctor as he exits the doctor's lounge. He gives her a smile, "Goodbye Miss Goodwin"

He meets up with April and grabs her hand, "Let's get out of here. All I want to do is sleep for the next few days."

"Me too" April gives him a tired grin and they are almost at the exit of the hospital when they hear that sound. A sound Choi is way too familiar with. He hates that sound, it brings back bad memories of the war.