Chapter 61

Sienna slams the door to her Beetle and walks into Jay's house, the dogs following behind her, happy to be back in the familiar place they grew up in.

"Hey" Sienna calls, "I brought tequila. I had the worst week at the hospital and I need to drink"

The house is quiet, except for the dogs playing outside with a toy Mouse bought for them a few weeks ago. Sienna frowns, "Jay? Mouse?"

She sits down on the couch and pulls out her phone from her purse. She opens the call log to Jay's name and calls him, frowning when she hears his phone ringing in the kitchen. Sienna walks to the kitchen and scowls when she sees the phone on the counter. It's obvious the boys aren't here, Jay's car is in the garage but Mouse's isn't, and Matt is at work.

Sienna calls Mouse next and he actually answers. She knew he would, that boy is glued to his phone.

"Fizzy Lizzy"

"Hey, where are you?"

"We're just picking up some snacks and alcohol. On our way home now."

"Alright, I'll see you soon" She hangs up the phone and opens the fridge to see if there's something to eat. She's hungry, and Jay has been raiding her fridge since she moved in with Kelly, so it's time to do the same.

Groaning, she cannot find a single thing to eat. Typical of her boys, they only have beer and expired mayo in the fridge. Sienna then raids the cupboards and finds a packet of saltines. She grabs it and parks her ass on the couch in the living room, eating the saltines while watching a rerun of an old NCIS episode. Kelly will kill her if she watches the new episodes without him.

"Oh, we have a stray" Jay cackles when he walks into his house to find his best friend eating saltines and slouching on the couch.

Sienna gives him a goofy smile, despite her mood she's still happy to see her friends.

"For a cop you're not really living safe. I found your phone in the kitchen and you have three missed calls from your girlfriend."

Mouse cackles from the kitchen as he puts the many bags down on the counter before coming to harass Sienna as he jumps on her. She groans and pushes him off the couch.

Mouse has a pout on his face while Jay is snickering.

"I'll call back Hails. She's coming over to drink with us" Jay says and walks away.

Mouse pouts at her until she moves her feet so he can sit on the couch. He sighs and grabs the last salty cookie in the packet.  "I heard you had a bad day"

Sienna sighs, "Bad week. Two kids died, their parents were part of a human trafficking thing."

"I'm sorry" Mouse whispers, "I hate cases like that. I heard you found the boy in the garbage"

Sienna sighs, "can I tell you something?"

Mouse nods, silently urging her to continue.

"Adam was fine for a while. I had him on dialysis, and bypass, and I really thought he was going to make it. If he survived, I wanted to adopt him."

Mouse's eyes widen, but he doesn't say anything. He wraps his arm around Sienna as she leans her head against his shoulder. 

"Are you ready to have a kid?"

"I am. I've been ready for 4 years."

"Then talk to Kelly, Fizz. You two will be amazing parents"

Sienna smiles, "I agree. But first, let's drink"

"I second that" Mouse stands up, "Jay, come on, let's drink"

Jay walks out of the kitchen with a smile on his face, "Hailey is on her way. She's bringing pizza, when is Kelly finished with shift?"

"Tomorrow morning." 

"Damn" Jay sighs, "Tequila, you, and nobody to control you. This is going to be a fun party."

Sienna narrows her eyes as Mouse stands up slowly to move out of the way. He's just in time because soon Sienna hurls a remote to Jay's face. He catches it before it can hit him and laughs, tackling her to the ground.

"Aw, I love you Fizzy."

"Get off me you fat pooch." 

Jay laughs and stands up, "Come on, let's get a beer. I wanna drink, and I wanna do it now."

**

Ignoring her splitting headache, she groans as shrill ringing continues in her head. 

"Ah, shut up" She moans into her pillow but the ringing continues, and soon she realizes it's not a dream and the phone is ringing in real life. She fumbles to get the ringing to stop without lifting her head or opening her eyes.

"Hallo?" She mumbles into the pillow. 

"A bit on the hungover side?"

She recognizes her husband's voice, "Why are you calling me in the middle of the night?"

He snickers, "It's 8am, baby. I'm off shift. Where are you?"

"At Jay's." She mumbles, her face planted in the white pillows. 

"I'm coming" He laughs, "Damn, I wish I was invited to this party."

Sienna doesn't say anything and is soon sleeping again, the phone is still planted by her ear.

"Sienna?" Kelly laughs, "Did you fall asleep again?"

"Bye, Kelly-Anne" She mumbles and switches off the phone, but not before hearing Kelly laughing.

**

She finally wakes up an hour later, finding herself in her old room. Matt's new room.

Sienna groans and reaches for the bottle of water on the nightstand. She stands up and trudges downstairs, finding Jay and Hailey at the kitchen counter, both looking even worse than she does.

"I am too old to drink" Sienna mumbles. Hailey laughs, "Me too."

"Kelly's coming now. Do you guys want to go grab breakfast?"

"That sounds great" Hailey chimes in, "I'm going to quickly take a shower, wash off the beer and tequila."

Sienna sits down across from Jay, and steals a pancake from his plate. He rolls his eyes but let it slides, "Hey, I want to talk to you about something"

Sienna nods and frowns when Jay walks out of the kitchen. She waits for his return, and is done with her second pancake when he walks back in.

"I've hid this in a safe Hails doesn't know about. She likes to snoop"

"Hid what?"

Jay looks around and when the coast is clear, he pulls a tiny blue box out of his pocket. Sienna gasps when she realizes the content inside. She opens the box and smiles brightly as tears gather in her eyes.

"You're going to propose?" She whispers, beaming even brighter when Jay nods his head.

"You think she's going to say yes?"

"Oh, without a doubt" Sienna whispers to him in awe. "My best friend is getting married. I'm so proud of you"

Jay chuckles, "She hasn't said yes yet."

"She will." Sienna gives him back the box and walks over to hug him tightly, "I am so happy for you, Jay. You and Hails, solid couple. She's the best girl you have ever had."

"Yeah I agree. I'm going to hide this quickly."

Upon Jay returning to his seat, Sienna starts bombarding him with questions. He scowls when he realizes that his pancakes have disappeared, but she reassures him quickly that they are going out for breakfast as soon as Kelly's here.

"I'm going to ask her on her birthday. Taking her out on a sunup hike, then a picnic at the beach."

"I'm so happy for you, you deserve this."

He smiles, "She's it for me."

**

Jay is proposing! There will be an entire episode in Jay's POV next chapter.

This story is almost over. A few more chapters filled with a lot of drama, a few filled with cheesy love and then a cry-worthy ending. :-)