Chapter 194

It was a bright day in the first week of August. 

And Sirius was an inch away from losing it at Regulus.

They got it, all of them, that he was stressed. But so were they!

"It's earlier than the date!" Regulus hissed for the hundredth time.

"We know," Remus said calmly. "We'll. . .hope for the best,"

Hope for the best? Hope for the best!?

Why was that the only thing he could do at the moment?

Regulus wanted to yell out into the sky, but he bit it all back and paced the floor. 

His hands were trembling the whole time.

And when the door opened, he squeezed his eyes shut not wanting to know what the Healer had to say. 

The newborn's wails didn't register in his head as all he cared about at the moment was Isabella.

"How's she?" he heard Sirius' voice from as though far away.

The hesitation was evident. And Regulus felt his heart sink away. 

"We can't say for sure," the Healer said.

"Can we see her?" Remus asked, anxious. 

"No, not yet, I'm sorry," the Healer said. "She's unconscious at the moment. And her condition isn't. . .it is not too well. Please, steel your hearts. It's a miracle the baby is healthy,"

Regulus felt his knees grow weak and he refused to listen to whatever James was trying to tell him. 

It wasn't until Sirius grabbed his shoulder and shook his roughly did he look up, eyes filled with tears. 

"You little git," Sirius snapped. "At least look at the baby before they take her away,"

Regulus shook his head. 

"I'm going to kill this arse," Sirius grumbled. "Just tie him up or something," 

"Sirius, calm down," Remus said calmly as the Healer waited around patiently. 

She could understand. It must be hard for everyone. 

"She'll be fine," James croaked, moving his eyes to Regulus. 

"Reg, listen to me!" Sirius barked. "Get your head together. . .Izzy would want you to,"

Regulus pushed Sirius' hands away roughly. 

"I'm going to punch him," Sirius said, turning to Remus for help. "I'm going to punch him senseless,"

James thought Sirius should, but Remus was more inclined towards talking to Regulus calmly. 

"What's go. . .Oh!" Lily cried happily.

Lily had been at home all this time, and only got to come at the moment. 

"Oh," she breathed and turned to James. 

"What about Izzy?" she asked, as worry replaced the momentary joy.

"They're not sure yet," James said hoarsely. 

Lily's face fell.

"Regulus?" she asked and James nodded to the side where Sirius was yelling at Regulus, who refused to look away from the floor.