Chapter 109

Isabella woke up with a throbbing headache the next morning, and she heaved herself out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. 

As she was brushing, she made plans for the day. It was a Sunday, so keeping aside some time for Quidditch, her personal break time, she would spend the rest in the library.

. . .Wonder what Regulus was doing. 

Isabella saw her face turn a bright red in the mirror and looked away hurriedly, embarrassed. 

It was not until she took off her nightgown to go to the bath that she noticed something on her left forearm. 

'24 hr- Amor.'

What was that supposed to mean?

She stared at it in confusion for a while, but it didn't make sense to her at all. So she decided to think about it while under the shower.

Isabella didn't get an answer even when she got dressed and went down all the way to breakfast. 

She was already late, she had slept in and there was that nasty headache too. Taking too much of the draught must be taking a toll on her body. 

But how did she get that thing on her arm? She knew for sure that it was her handwriting. But how did it come there? Was she trying to tell herself something? What could it be?

She tried recollecting last evening. 

She came from the forest, used the time-turner and then went to the library. From there she went to Slughorn's classroom for their potions remedial. And it turned out that they won't have to do it anymore because he got the dates mixed up and the Championship had taken place three years ago. 

Yes, she also prepared the last love potion with Regulus.

Isabella felt her face heat up again.

It was all a blur to her. She must have been really nervous. 

Well, obviously she was. 

If she thought about it, people usually come to breakfast late on Sundays. Luckily she was late today too. Maybe she would get to see him in the Great Hall. 

Then she shook her head. No, no. She should stop thinking like that. Imagine how creepy it would be. . .but what was wrong with just wanting to see him. It wasn't like she was going to stalk him, she was just excited to get to see him. 

She still had a slight headache, but that was fine. 

She skipped off to the Great Hall, a small smile dancing on her lips.

Regulus wasn't a fool. 

Although he was up fairly early, he sat in the dormitory, waiting, biding his time. He knew Jefferson usually went for breakfast early, before anyone else in fact. So he should wait, till it was too late, and then go so that he wouldn't run into her.

He wouldn't have to keep an eye on her if he doesn't have any reason to run into her. Everything should be fine, only that she was apparently in 'love' with him at the moment. 

"Can we go now?" Marcus whined from his bed. The dormitory was empty, the others had left ages ago.

"Only the final touches," Regulus said offhandedly, focusing on his painting. 

"Is that a unicorn?" Marcus said leaning over and pointing at a white patch in the middle of all the green.

"It's a cat," Regulus deadpanned.