Chapter 159

In a few minutes, Isabella was standing in front of the Room of Requirement, unsure if she should knock or just walk in.

It was an unfamiliar door, and she was certain that she wouldn't be walking into a familiar environment.

Isabella had just reached out to grab the door handle, when the door swung open.

"Hello!" Regulus said brightly standing by the door.

"Hello," Isabella said with a small smile of her own.

Regulus took her hand and led her into the room, closing the door behind them.

"Do send my thanks to Kreacher," Isabella said.

"Nothing ever misses you, does it?" Regulus sighed, hoping she wouldn't have noticed it.

Isabella held up the Map. She wanted to say how she had noticed him running around the place, and thought it was rather nice of him to do all that for her. But he might get embarrassed, so she didn't mention it.

"Do you want to take turns keeping the Map?" she asked.

"The Marauders handed it to you," Regulus said. "You are their successor, apparently,"

"I am being practical," Isabella said. "It would be best if we both had it, since we don't know when it would be needed. Alternative days would be prudent,"

Isabella cast her eyes around the large room. 

It was simple. Really simple, to be honest. There was just a couch before the fireplace where a roaring fire was blazing. And there was a table set before the couch. 

"You look really pretty," Regulus said, making Isabella smile at him. 

She really did look lovely.

She was wearing a simple pale pink skirt and a white blouse with full sleeves. He could see the silver Deathly Hallows symbol hanging around her neck as always. He never knew whys she wore it so religiously, while he had tucked his away in his trunk, the only reason being that Isabella had given it to him. 

She had let her hair down today, just a pin holding a few strands at the back of her head. Somewhere she stopped letting her hair down onto her face and started tying it all up in a plait. Now that he thought about it, it was after he got turned into a cat because of the Potions mishap. . .She also checked her robes thoroughly before she approached any cauldron now, he had noticed. 

"Isabella," Regulus called, taking her attention away from the fire she was staring at. 

Isabella turned to him with a questioning look, then realisation flooded her face.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to thank you," she said sheepishly. "Thank you for this, Regulus,"

Regulus raised his eyebrows, slightly incredulous. It sounded strangely formal, and he had been thinking that they had grown closer over the days. 

Isabella leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek, then went back to looking around the room. 

She should do this sometimes for Regulus too. But she wasn't all too sure about how to arrange a date. . .She could ask Sarah at Christmas.

. . .Maybe not. She should just stick with Catherine. Sarah was going to say something absurd and borderline scandalous. 

There were articles she had barely spared a glance in the Witch Weekly, talking about tips for witches. Should she read through them? 

Regulus lead her towards the couch before the fire, and sat them down. 

He could see Isabella's eyes fixed on the flames, and he had come to recognise that this was a sign she was thinking deeply about something.