Chapter 183

"Are you floating too?" she asked.

"Yup," came the prompt answer.

"But why this. . .abyss?" she said, rather ticked off by the black now, she couldn't even see the other person. Yes, she did know who it was, but it didn't help that she couldn't see the person now.

"I already told you," Y/N's voice said, incredibly annoyed. "It's all you can think of. This is limbo for you,"

"Are you saying that it is different for you?" she inquired.

"Not really," Y/N sighed. 

"I am taking it that you have been floating all this time," she said curiously.

"Obviously," the other girl drawled. "Why do you keep asking obvious question,"

"I beg your pardon," she spat. "None of this is obvious. I have perfect right to ask any question I wish,"

"I told you, like a thousand times," Y/N snapped. "Let's just go one. Let's leave. It is for the better,"

"Well, I would have liked better explaination," she fired back.

"So, let's go now," Y/N said. "You're going to die anyway, it's best to leave now,"

"I am still processing, my apologies," she said scathingly. 

"According to what you've told me so far," she said musingly. "Our soul just. . .broke, for the lack of a better term,"

"Split," Y/N pressed. "Broke sounds damaged,"

"I wonder why you think 'split' makes it any different," she said sarcastically. "It is much like what Tom Riddle has done to his soul, is it not?"

"Course not!" Y/N cried. "I don't even know how that was the conclusion you reached. You're supposed to be smart, you had nothing to do with this. It just happened,"

"That is another way of saying that the only reason I am having to go through all this is because Fate and Time decided to screw me over?" she said indignantly.

"One way of putting it, I suppose," Y/N said lazily. "I was thinking that it was an ardent dying wish that the universe agreed to for putting us through so much in our past life,"

"Yes, I understand that viewpoint too," she said, still very annoyed. "But what did the breaking of our soul have to do with everything? That is hardly normal,"

"Yeah, well, normal never works for us," Y/N said dryly. "I have no explanation for why that happened. I was thinking it was just the haste, you died and were reborn very quickly, without much time in the limbo, somewhere around eleven to twelve noon and the second of July,"

She sighed in an attempt to calm herself down and clear her head.

But it wasn't working. There were countless things working away in her head and none seemed to be following a particular order.

"I would say you had it good, but now we must leave," Y/N said. "You've been here too long. We should leave now,"

"If we leave, just as you say," she said slowly. "That would mean, giving your soul a chance to mend and start a new life, as a normal person,"

"Yes," Y/N said simply.

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if we went back, instead?" she asked.