Chapter 31

S. P. T to A. P. W. B. D. 

What could that possibly mean?

It had been weeks. Weeks!

She would think about it, then remind herself that she shouldn't get involved and try to push it out of her mind. But it would always come back with the force of a truck and the cycle would repeat itself. And this kept happening over and over again.

Isabella stared at the dark red curtains hanging around her four-poster bed with a frown. 

She couldn't take it anymore. 

Curiosity killed the cat, she told herself.

Oh, well, suppose she was going to die then.

Isabella slipped out of bed and pulled her cloak over her nightdress and crept out of the dormitories and out of the common room. 

The Fat Lady occasionally leaves her spot at night, but Isabella was fine with it. She would just take refuge in the Room of Requirement. 

"Remus," Sirius hissed. 
"Peter, that's my foot," James snapped. 
"Ow!"
"Shut up!" Remus snapped.

All four of them under James' invisibility cloak was getting harder. It was so easy in their first year and now it was starting to get congested. 

"Shut up!" Remus said. "No, really, Sirius. Someone's coming,"

"Oh, crap," James said pushing them back into the wall. "Don't be Filch,"

If they get caught again, it would mean detention. And that would mean a royally pissed off McGonagall and they couldn't afford that at the moment. They had already got into a shit ton of trouble two weeks ago. 

"Why are we doing this again?" Remus said annoyed.

"We need to get into the restricted section of the library, Remus," James told him patiently.

"Why?" Remus said irritated. His three friends were being absolute prats doing something, but he didn't know what. All he knew was that they kept creeping around his back and he was forcing them to take him along for their midnight detours.

"They're close," Peter whispered.

"Wait," Sirius said. "It's not Filch. . .It's our little Seeker,"

"What's she doing here?" James said as they saw the little figure slip past the corridor, her cloak billowing behind her. 

". . .And she's gone?"

Sure enough, the girl had vanished halfway. She simply seemed to vanish into the shadows.

"Did she apparate?" Peter said.

"Peter, you can't apparate in or out of Hogwarts," Remus reminded him. 

"Right," Sirius said bringing their attention to their current dilemma. "Let's go. We've got to get to the library. We can worry about our little Seeker later,"

"I didn't think she'd be the one to break rules," James said. Remus and Peter nodded in agreement.

"You wouldn't think Remus would be the one to break rules either," Sirius said simply. "But here he is,"

Remus and Peter nodded again along with James.

When they reached the library, they found the door already unlocked.

"Someone's in there," James said seriously. "Stay close,"