Chapter 130

Isabella had gone to sleep late that night, so she woke up late the next morning. The 25th of December. 

She stayed up in her empty dormitory since her dormmates had left for the holidays, she'd have the place for herself.

When she rolled out of bed, and trudged to the bathroom, she saw a pile of gifts near her bed. 

. . .That was strange. Was it there by mistake?

Who would be sending her presents? . . .There was no way her father would use an owl, and Catherine and Sarah didn't know about her. 

Isabella ignored it and went to the bathroom to get ready. 

The Great Hall was lavishly decorated, with the twelve giant Christmas trees, and floating baubles and streamers. 

And the students in the Hall were only a handful since everyone went home for the holidays.

Isabella sat down at the Gryffindor table, and pulled a plate towards her. Regulus must have left for the station now. . .

Halfway through her breakfast, the Marauders walked in, and a few minutes later, Lily. 

"Did you like the present?" Lily asked as she sat down in front of Isabella. "I wasn't sure what to get you,"

Isabella blinked.

"Sorry?" she said confused.

"Didn't you get our presents?" Peter said. 

Isabella shook her head.

"That can't be," James said frowning. "We sent it for sure. You didn't see it for sure?"

". . .I might have seen it," Isabella said slowly thinking back. "I just didn't know it was for me,"

"Of course, it was for you," Sirius said waving his hand dismissively. "Whom else would it be for?"

". . .I wasn't expecting it," Isabella said, starting to panic slightly. "Thank you," she said.

"I haven't got you anything," Isabella said worriedly. "I didn't know I would be getting any this Christmas,"

At this, they looked horrified.

"You don't get presents for Christmas?" Peter cried.

"My father doesn't send my presents when I'm at Hogwarts," Isabella said. "And I don't really know many people,"

They continued to look so sorry for her, when it clicked.

"Oh, no, no," she said hastily. "It's not my father doesn't send. It is that he cannot send," 

"He is deathly allergic to feathers and frightened of birds, so we don't send owls," she explained. "And my aunt, and a family friend, they don't know that I am a witch. Muggle post won't exactly reach here either,"

"So you haven't been receiving presents for years now?" Sirius said, on the verge of tearing up.

"I usually go home for the holidays," Isabella said. "So, I do get presents every year,"

When Isabella went back to her dormitory, she set down to unwrapping her presents. 

Lily had given her a new quill set. 
James had gone with Quidditch broom-polish.
Sirius stuck with a rather huge pile of chocolate frogs. 
Peter went for the more standard, yet, liked, mini-pumpkin pastries.
Remus had given her a sweater, her size this time. 
Even Regulus had bought her a book on the History of Potion Making.