Chapter 133

The door was closed, and the howling wind was shut out by the closed windows. 

Narcissa paced the room. The book she was reading a while ago lay on the bed, when the Dark Lord had called for his Death Eaters unexpectedly. 

She didn't know what was going on, but a rising suspicion told her that she had to stay away from him for the moment. 

There was a sharp knock on the door, and Narcissa flinched. 

She hesitated for a second, then went to open the door.

"Cissy," It was Bellatrix. 

She looked anguished. 

"What did you do?" Bellatrix said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"What?" Narcissa said, confused, although she had a very good idea what it was about. 

Because the Rowle mansion wasn't easily penetrable, not to mention the intruders had only one goal, to get the prisoners out. Even in the duel that ensued, they only bothered with the ones they were saving.

It was Dumbledore for sure. 

"Come with me," Bellatrix said. 

"Where to?" Narcissa said, as Bellatrix' fingers wrapped around her wrist and dragged her outside. 

"The Dark Lord wishes to see you," Bellatrix said stiffly, and before Narcissa could respond, they had apparated.

The place, the scene was horribly familiar. There was the Dark Lord at the head of the table. Lucius had a seat to his left, right behind Bellatrix. 

In the scarce flickering room, she noticed the sunken, beaten faces of Thorfin Rowle. . .Yes, he must have been questioned too. But seeing as he still had a place at the table, the Dark Lord must have forgiven him.

Narcissa glanced at Lucius, who had his head bent. 

"Narcissa," said the soft voice, that sounded so much like hissing. 

"Stand back, Bellatrix," the Dark Lord said.

Narcissa closed her eyes for a moment, focusing entirely on closing her mind. She could not let the Dark Lord suspect anything. 

"My Lord," Lucius said weakly. "It cannot be Narcissa,"

"Quiet, Lucius," the Dark Lord said, his red eyes boring into Narcissa's. "Why don't you tell us yourself?"

"My Lord, I don't understand," Narcissa said, averting her eyes from the horrible gaze.

"My Lord," Bellatrix said slowly. "It was not Narcissa. I can swear to that,"

"Can you now, Bellatrix?" 

Narcissa's eyes were darting around, and all she could think was closing her mind from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. 

She had seen those memories the Seer girl had shown her. Lucius had no power there, nor here. He was under Lord Voldemort's mercy. . .and as much as he said it, the Dark Lord was not merciful. 

"She was with me, my Lord," Bellatrix said. "I can attest to it. She wasn't out of my sight for a second,"

Narcissa felt a pang of guilt, for Bellatrix was so ardently arguing her case. If she knew that Narcissa had not just met up with the blood traitor of their sister, but also stayed to be told of a plan to defeat the Dark Lord...

A shiver ran down Narcissa's spine.

"We also happened to see Walburga Black, and her son," Bellatrix was saying. "Regulus. You'll know him, my lord,"