Chapter 136

"Izzy," Remus said, catching up with her in the common room as Isabella made her way early to the Great Hall. 

"Did you get the note I sent yesterday?" he asked.

"Note?" Isabella said confused. "I don't think I received any,"

Isabella noticed that the rest of the Marauders were there too. 

"I didn't see you around, so I asked your classmate to let you know that I was looking for you," Remus said. 

"What did the note say?" Isabella asked.

"I was going to ask you out, for Hogsmeade today," Remus said, slightly embarrassed. "So, I sent a note to ask you to meet me in the common room,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't receive anything like that," Isabella said. "Maybe I had fallen asleep already,"

"I told you it was a bad idea!" Sirius called from the armchair he was sitting in. 

Remus inhaled sharply.

"Adeline doesn't like Izzy," Peter muttered. 

"You asked Adeline to bring me the note?" Isabella said incredulously. "I do not want to make any assumptions, but I wouldn't be surprised that I didn't get the note,"

"It wasn't my plan, exactly," Remus mumbled. "I was asking Amelia to give it to you when her sister just swooped in,"

Isabella sighed. 

"As it happened, I did not receive the note," she said. "The note only said that you wanted to meet me, right? Well, here I am,"

"Yeah," Remus said with a small smile.

"Go for it, Moony!" James and Sirius cheered. 

Remus flushed pink.

"Well, I just wanted to ask if you would like to go with me to Hogsmeade today," Remus said. "I understand if it is a bit sudden. The note mishap was a bit. . ." he trailed off.

Isabella felt slightly bad. Well, it wasn't her fault, but still, it wasn't Remus' fault either. 

If he had asked her yesterday, she would have asked Tom for his opinion. . .Right now she didn't have that much time. . .

"Yeah, sure," Isabella shrugged. "I would like that,"

Remus's face lit up, and Isabella felt another pang of guilt. She should have asked Tom first. She didn't really 'like' Remus, so going on a date with him would be misleading.

"I might take half an hour to go to breakfast, and get ready," Isabella said checking her watch. "Would it be alright if I meet you at the Entrance Hall then?"

"Yeah, that's perfect," Remus nodded, grinning widely.

Isabella gave him a small smile and then left the common room to the Great Hall.

Isabella plopped down onto her seat at the Gryffindor table, and pulled the diary out from her bag.

'Tom.' she scribbled hastily.

'That is the call for help.' Tom wrote back promptly. 'What did you do this time?'

'I didn't do anything.' Isabella scribbled. 'But Remus just asked me out on a date to Hogsmeade today.'

'That's rude.' Tom scribbled. 'There was no prior notice.'

'Yes, that is is what I'm coming to.' Isabella wrote eagerly. 'Apparently, Remus didn't find me anywhere so he supposed I was in the dormitories. And boys can't enter the girls' dormitory, so he sent Adeline Stewards to send me the message that he wanted to talk to me.'