Chapter 21

Isabella entered the crowded common room after dinner that evening and went to the notice board. 

She had heard that the date for the Quidditch team tryouts had been put up. She had heard Black talking about the Slytherin Quidditch team, and well, she was going to start right there.

She needed to know when the date was so that she could create a practice schedule. 

Isabella didn't think she was the one for flying. In all honestly, she hadn't tried flying after their lessons in first year. She could see the appeal in Quidditch and why the game was so popular, but she had never thought about playing it.

She had less than one month to train herself and make sure that she got on the team. 

Isabella adjusted her bag on her shoulder and hurried towards the Portrait Hole. She had to make a schedule for herself, managing everything. She had her homework, and she had to visit Hagrid and the Forest, and now she had to even find time to practice Quidditch. 

Well, first things first, she didn't have a broom. 

For the tryouts, she could take a school broomstick. But she had heard many people say that those brooms weren't the best option.

Well, she'd have to try something. 

Next, she had to choose a position to play. 

That was rather easy. She would try out for Seeker. There were already three chasers and a keeper. A beater didn't appeal to her, she didn't like the idea of flying around carrying a huge, heavy club, trying to knock rampaging bludgers around.

Seeker was the best option for her. Seekers were usually of a smaller build and were meant to be fast and precise. 

Isabella considered her eyesight and precision to be perfect. She was a fast reader and had a larger visual span. She was also excellent at bird watching and she could spot the special birds anywhere.

However, there was a difference between birdwatching, reading and catching the snitch. A great difference.
Which obviously meant she would have to practice hard. 

And she had heard that the old Gryffindor Seeker left Hogwarts after his seventh year. Which meant there was an empty spot on the team, that had to be filled no matter what. There was a higher chance of her getting into the team.

Isabella also knew that she'd have to want that position for herself too. And not just to shatter Black's ego. She would have to try hard for herself. Black would just be the additional bonus.
If she kept that mental state, then she would do better.

The library had a few third years scattered around. The corners were taken by fifth years and seventh years. 

Isabella went to the section on Quidditch and broomsticks. 

It was a small section dedicated to the subject. And she had a lot of research to do. 

She had to find spells that were used to repair brooms and the basic broomstick's blueprint to see what to fix and what was necessary. 

She also needed all the rules and the Quidditch, the fouls and penalties. She also needed old newspapers, especially the sports pages to see how the gameplay usually was. 
She also needed to learn about the tricks and techniques Seekers use. 

Isabella was pulling out the old "Quidditch Through Ages" from the shelves when she felt a pang in her head.

She let out a soft gasp and clutched her head. She hadn't felt that for months.