Chapter 72

Isabella's stay at Hogwarts during Christmas was the best ever.

She didn't have any presents this year, because her father couldn't use the owl. But it was fine. 

Hogwarts was simply wonderful. 

Boughs of holly and mistletoe everywhere. Twelve giant Christmas trees in the Great Hall. And since there were very few students at Hogwarts for the holidays, Dumbledore moved all the tables and put just one in the middle, with all the teachers and the six students who had stayed back. 

Crackers, colourful baubles that floated, and fairies that seemed to take a particular liking to Isabella and fluttered around her head, making her flush slightly under the attention. 

She was the only Gryffindor left and she was very pleased with that.

She had the entire common room to herself and she would certainly put this on the best Christmas' list.

Snow Wiffle was still slightly cold to her, but he would sit on her lap now. He hated collars and liked roaming around the castle. He'd always come back in the evening though, and Isabella trusted him to go venture out into the unknown. 

Isabella was still trying to find the title for the fourth book. 

It was not 'Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament.'

Nor was it 'Harry Potter and the Rise of Voldemort'.

She wasn't having any dreams these past days, although she kept having a strong headache, which she thought was because of the cold rather than something to do with her dreams.

'The Triwizard Tournament is to be held at Hogwarts. Only wizards who are over seventeen are allowed to enter - but that doesn't stop Harry dreaming that he will win the competition. Then at Hallowe'en, when the Goblet of Fire makes its selection, Harry is amazed to find his name is one of those that the magical cup picks out. He will face death-defying tasks, dragons and Dark wizards, but with the help of his best friends, Ron and Hermione, he might just make it through - alive!'

Isabella read the back of the book again.

She placed her wand tip on the book and said, "Harry Potter and the Four Champions,"

Isabella knew the Triwizard Tournament was between three Champions from the three schools, Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons.

She sighed softly. 

Right now she was sitting comfortably in an armchair in the empty Gryffindor common room, in front of the fireplace.

Snow Wiffle had taken to rest on the armchair opposite to her and was snoozing peacefully a small fluffy Christmas cap on his head, which Isabella had conjured out of magic. It took a lot to convince him to wear that, but she finally got him to do it. 

Isabella put the book aside and closed her eyes. . .She'd try after some time. 

January rolled in and the snow was still knee-high, making it hard for her to make her way to Hagrid and the Forbidden Forest. 

On the other hand, when she went to wish Myrtle a Happy New Year, Myrtle burst into tears, then followed Isabella out into the Great Hall and stayed with her throughout breakfast, to the surprise of the other ghosts who knew that Myrtle wasn't an easy ghost to convince t leave her toilet.

Somewhere around the first week of January, Isabella got an unexpected letter at breakfast.

'Dear Miss Valerie,
We are very pleased to inform you that we are very satisfied with your work. We would also like to make a proposition. The Prophet would like to make the column a weekly, instead of a month and we would like your cooperation. Please send your answer by owl as soon as possible. If you have any conditions for the increase of pay, please let us know and we can come to a decision.
Sincerely,
W. Gibbins
Editor,
Daily Prophet'