Chapter 45

Isabella was the first one at the Great Hall, as usual. And slowly, she watched the teachers take their seats at the long table on top of the platform. 

The sky was still stormy and dark grey clouds were all that could be seen from the enchanted ceiling. The storm, however had blown itself out but it was drizzling softly.

Isabella was halfway through her second toast, when McGonagall got up and made her way towards the Gryffindor table. 

Being the only one at the table, Isabella was wondering what she could have possibly done now. 

Was McGonagall going to take the time-turner back, because she thought Isabella wouldn't be able to handle it?
Or did she find out that Isabella snuck into the Forest multiple times and was still going to keep at it? 

"Jefferson," Professor McGonagall said. "Good morning,"

"Good morning, Professor," Isabella said, unsure if she should stand while taking to the teacher, or if she should keep sitting and make it awkward. 

McGonagall handed her a piece of parchment.

"Your timetable," the professor said. "Since you'll have to get adjusted to your new schedule. I'm giving you your timetable early,"

"Thank you, Professor," Isabella said taking the parchment and examining it. 

Divination- 9 o'clock. And under that, Muggle Studies- 9 o'clock. And below that, at the same time, Arithmancy. 

She had around ten subjects a day. 

McGonagall gave her shoulder a soft pat and went back to her seat at the high table. 

Isabella stared at her timetable for a bit longer, abandoning her toast and mentally preparing an elaborate timetable for herself. She couldn't leave her timetable lying around anywhere, so she'd have to put a charm on it so only she could read it. . .

Doing all this, meant adding more hours to a normal day. 

Every day has just twenty four hours. But by using a time-turner, she would relive an hour multiple times. So, technically, she had more than twenty four hours a day. 

And if she took into account all the homework and the Quidditch practice sessions, she'd be using the time-turner for more time. . .She also wanted to spend some time for herself, it is a key to proper management, one needs personal breaks. 

Once the students started filling in, Isabella left the Great Hall. 

First, she'd have to visit Val and check if Hagrid was okay for the night. Then she'd have to to run back to the castle, and find a spot to use the time-turner. 

She should assign spots around the castle for using the time-turner. Spot which are not conspicuous. She should also make sure it aligns with the location of the classrooms, so that she can hurry to the next class within less time. 

So, Divination was up the North Tower, Arithmancy and Muggle Studies were on the other end of the castle, meaning she'd have to move all the way. . .There was that hidden passage, behind the tapestry, but the stairs were very tricky at that spot. She couldn't afford any accidents and cause any damage to the time-turner. . .

Isabella knocked thrice on Hagrid's door and a couple of seconds later, the door flew open.

"Ah, Bella," Hagrid grinned. "C'mon in,"

"How did it go last night, Hagrid?" Isabella asked. "Val didn't trouble you, did she?"