Chapter 21

Nayeon POV

Casper's ex girlfriend- I mean Jeongyeon's ex girlfriend looked gorgeous in her wedding dress. I wonder if they broke up or not at that time happen. She's wearing a strapless white gown with sweetheart neckline. The dress embellished in lace with the bottom part flowing in mermaid style. The wedding was beautiful. You could feel the love they felt for each other in the air. The chubby man who according to Jeongeyon was her ex girlfriend uncle walked her to the aisle. The whole way the groom and bride were locked in a perpetual eye contact and grinning at each other.

Rings were exchanged and finally the vows after the groom swapped her in kiss and people started cheering for them which I and Yeri gladly joined. I looked Jeongyeon who all through the ceremony had a wide smile plastered over her face. She was randomly filling me in about little things about her ex girlfriend. I could guess they were pretty close from the way she had a sudden reminiscent glow to her demeanour.

"She is so clumsy. I'm surprised she didn't trip walking down the aisle." Jeongyeon said with a huge smile in her face.

"All this flower, are her favourite. But top of the favourite is white roses." She exclaimed.

"Sana can pick the hottest bridesmaids." She said.

And of course I had to rolled my eyes on that statement while Yeri agree with her statement. Straight my ass. After the wedding ceremony ended, people commenced to the buffet area while some people were congratulations the married couple. Jeongyeon looked towards me with her glassy green eyes.

"You know what to do." She said looking at straight to my soul.

G! Stop looking at me like that! I take a deep breath before I nodded.

"Yeah." I said with small reassuring smile.

Yeri suggest that we should approach her after the thong of crowd started to disperse to the buffet table. The groom whose name must be JB was attending other guest, so I and Yeri had Sana alone. As we went closer, I felt like I can't do it. But, Yeri quickly grabbed my hand before I could turn.

"No turning away." Yeri said.

I take a deep breath before I approach Sana.

"Uh- Hi. Congratulations." I said as I approached her.

"Thank you!" She replied warmly with a smile.

Woah! Jeongyeon's ex girlfriend was more pretty when I see her closed up like this. Sana's features were prominent in her heart shaped face which framed her full lips and a tear drop eyes. Her shinny blonde hair was in a bun and her dark brown eyes twinkled in the warm sunlight.

"Are you from JB's side? We haven't met have we?" She asked letting out a small laughed.

Without much ado, I gingerly took out the blue bundle from my clutch.

"Uh- I'm here to give you this." I said.

With that I warily handed her the blue nylon bag. She took it from me and opened it. The exposed necklace shined under the sun. She looked at in awe, widening her eyes.

"Where did you get this?" She asked looking at me and Yeri.

"Uh-." I didn't know what to said.

I looked at Jeongyeon who was standing in front of us. She nodded in approval.

"I- hmm, just moved to the apartment where she used to live in. I got it from there." I said.

Yeri just nodded to support my explanation.

"Your ex- hmm, girlfriend give it to me." I said to mention girlfriend.

She looked up at me with a bewildered expression on her face. As she couldn't believe what I had just said.

"Are you-are you a medium?" She asked.

Now, I'm the one who shocked. She know about medium thing? I shook my head slowly.

"No, I'm not. But my sister is and some of her powers were transfer to me. My friend here also a medium. Until now, your ex was the only ghost I can see." I replied solemnly.

It took her a minute to grasp the information. Then, she looked at me and Yeri in hope. She hold my hand.

"How is she? I tried to communicate to her- everyone but I wasn't successful. I thought she and her parent are all gone- leaving me in this world." She was sobbing now.

Tears were tricking down her cheeks. Her eyes reflected all the sadness she had caged up for years. The love for her girlfriend, the yearning and of course the loss she suffered. I silently patted her hand and Yeri was patted her shoulder while she wept. I was never good at consoling. So I just stood there lamely while the bride wept but completely relating to her feeling of sorrow.

I saw Jeongyeon's eyes harden seeing Sana crying but there was little she could do. So, four of us just stood and I understood their pain as I lost both of my parents too. It must be hard for her. I bet they must been in love so hard to each other. She wiped her tears with the back of her free hand surprisingly not completely ruining her make up.

"Is she here?" Her voice trembled from all the crying.

Yeri nodded at her looking at Jeongyeon. She was staring at Sana. Her expression looked like she is going to break down crying anytime. She approached Sana and tried to pat her back but her hand just penetrated her while Sana continued wiping her cheeks. She's not aware of everything. Jeongyeon lift her head as she tried to hold her tears. She couldn't even console her.

"Tell her I'm sorry. For break my promise. For leave her. And for everything." She said in a hoarse voice.

I looked at Sana and back to Jeongyeon.

"She said she's sorry. For break her promise. For leaving you. And for everything." I told Sana.

And with that, Sana started crying once more and its broke our heart. Yeri already have a tears on her cheeks running down. While me, tried to hold my tears. I don't know what happen but, its broke my heart. Sana looked up.

"Why can't I contact with you all this time? Are you avoid me? Because you trying to make me forget about you?" She said as she can see Jeongyeon.

"She nodded. She wants you to let her go. And find someone else who will always there for you. And sorry for ruining you wedding and your make up." I said on behalf Jeongyeon.

Sana laughed between her crying.

"Even when she's dead, she never fails to crack me up. I miss you so much. And believe me. No one could replace your place." Sana said smiling.

-Sana the sunshine. 🥰-