Chapter 11

Nayeon POV

"What are you doing? Ahhh, why I'm getting hot?" She said looked like she was in pain.

I grinned. There we go. I laughed mentally.
Three days before, I was able to do a little research getting rid of evil spirits and one of them was holy water. So, I rushed to the nearest church biding Chaeyoung goodbye and brought some holy water. I tried to offer money but he clearly refused it. Impressed by his generosity, I asked him if I could do something else for him and he suggest me to make an 80 dollar donation for the new confessional.

I wasn't exactly willing to pay such expense for some blessed water but I badly needed to get rid of this annoying ghost. I came back home and did a little research. Well the father suggest just sprinkle the water around the house but I decided to follow the Brazilian way. I think its work! As I started feeling happy and excited seeing she being pain, then she stopped. She looked at me. As if she couldn't keep it to herself anymore, she started laughing.

"What.. the.. hell..? Do you think.. that thing could hurt me?" She asked in between her annoying laugh.

I groaned in annoyance as the stupid Brazilian trick didn't work for her instead I'm make a complete a fool out of myself.

"I was performing a ceremony to get rid of evil spirits like you." I pointed my index finger at her.

With that she laugh even hard than before.

"Shut up! Stop it!" I snapped at her.

She stopped laughing and adjust herself. She now was sitting upright staring at me. She just staring at me for a straight few minute. I clear my throat as I felt awkward under her scrutinising eyes.

"Hmm, you used holy water to get rid of evil spirits." She explained as she took the metal container from my hand.

"But, sweetheart. I'm not an evil spirits. But a wicked one." She continued wriggling her eyebrows with a cocky grin plastered over her face.

Asshole.

After that incident, she never appear. Its been three days. Chaeyoung also extend her camping with Ryujin and I agree because the school holiday still long and I still have to rid off that ghost. It was raining today and I'm kind glad. The pitter patter sounds of rain drizzling on the window shield sort of calmed me. The sky was over casted with black clouds which made the apartment seem a bit gloomy and cold. I turned off all the lights and took a seat in my big couch hugging my legs. I wonder how Chaeyoung is doing. Its raining there too. I know I shouldn't disturb her, but I couldn't help myself. Since mom died, I took it as a responsibility to take care of her.

Mom died when Chaeyoung just 6 years old. After what happen, she become quiet and not being herself anymore. My mom and dad died in front of her and that's bring trauma to her. Not just that, even at school she been bullied because of that. People keep telling that she's the one who kill our parents and because of that she develop DID. And because of that I were overprotective whenever come to her. She's the only person I have in this world. I sighed. This apartment is where I belong.

Going through the internet, I came across an old method where an online priest advised me that according to Indian cultures the best way to get rid of a ghost is to burn red chilies and let the smoke spread throughout the house. I immediately drove to the store and purchased some chilies from the spies section. I decided to ignore the nearest store as I promised never coming back to that store since condom incident. I'm not a big fan of spicy and that's why I didn't know that the smell of chilies will water my eyes and leave me wheezing. But no, the smell did nothing but burn my throat and make that ghost guffaw at my distress even more.

The days were flowing by and Chaeyoung will be back and I still don't know how to get rid of that delinquent ghost. Leaving this house is not an option or else we will become hopeless. Somehow the serene mood was gone and it was replaced by my anguish. I glanced at the watch to see that its time for me to go to work interview. I was frantically looking for a job these days and was able to find one in the local area in this place called 'Ono Grinds. Yes, its a Hawaii restaurant and 'Ono Grinds' means delicious food. I'm was grateful to get a job so quickly as jobs are rare here and we were almost run out of money.

I changed into a white tshirt and dark skinny jeans and decided to take a jacket as well. It was cold outside there. It didn't take me much time to get down by stairs as I lived on the second floor. I looked around to see my baby blue sky car parked at the corner. I couldn't afford to buy a car this is just what I got it. I start the engine with a dull rumble and I drove off to my work. I stopped the car in front of a small diner. It had a surfboard over it head with the word 'Ono grinds written over it in funky font.

The place looked a little shabby with a few wooden tables and a small bar at the corner fitted in a tiny space. Waitresses dressed in flowery tight skirt and off white short served the customer. While some other girls performed some kind of Hawaiian dance in their leaf hula skirt and coconut bras with a lei on their head. G! I would be super embarrassing to be hired as one of those Hawaiian show girls. But on brighter side their face are covered in plastic fake tribal masks.

I walked to the bar to look for a guy named 'Heechul' whom I presumed is my boss. Upon asking one of the waitresses I discovered that he was inside his room. After knocking, I opened the door to be greeted by the smell of coffee while he's sitting on a office chair. He looked like he was in his early thirties. But I couldn't be sure about that because I wasn't the best at guessing ages. He uplift his face from the file and looked at me.

"You must be Nayeon?" He said and gesture me to take a seat in front of him.

With a smile on his face, he explained to me my work schedule and I decided to take a few extra hours here because there is no harm in earning a little extra. He seemed a very nice person and made some jokes here and there which made me feel comfortable and less shy. Everything about this job was perfect but I had to work as a show girl at least once a week. I didn't protest much to that because it wasn't that bad as I expected.

"So, I will see you tomorrow then." He gave me a warm smiled.

I nodded and smiled back at him as I closer the door behind me. I couldn't help but have a huge grin plastered over my face. I finally got a job and Heechul seemed like a good boss. But soon enough, the grin on my face was gone as I saw the sight before me. Jin Young and Jennie were sitting in one of the wooden tables skimming through the menu as a waitress was waiting for them to order. Are they on a date? Then, Jin Young gaze meet mine.

"Nayeon." He breathed out.