CHAPTER 28: Her Bold Confession

Start from the beginning

I interlace our fingers together as we walk, "Tonight will be interesting." I said.

Arching a brow, Ian gave me a look of confusion. "Because....?" He said, urging me to explain.

I took a deep breath. "Taylor's cousin is visiting from Melbourne and together, if he is willing, we're going to figure out who's the unknown caller."

"Good luck." He scoffs.

"What's with the attitude?" I snap, as I stop walking further.

"Nothing." He said, dismissing the topic.

"Tell me." I growl, glaring at him. Untangling our fingers, I take a step backward in order to prove that I want a proper answer.

"I...." He murmurs, "I was hoping to sleepover, too." In his place, Ian moves back and forth in an uncomfortable manner. "We never ever are together and if we are, someone interrupts us and it is starting to frustrate me." He said, finishing with a frown.

I sigh, "Ian. We spent the night together." I reason, "Tonight I am helping her because she is lost, and as her best-friend, I need to be there for her. Remember, sisters before misters."

"Sisters before misters? There's Danielle to help her, Tia!" He said, startling me a little because his voice a little louder than it was before. "I mean, I know at the moment Danielle isn't her number one choice but you and I never have time together. You're either on a date with a different person, or with that son of bitch, Logan."

"Ian Pearce!" I exclaim, "You need to stop insulting Logan. I know that you and him don't like each other and I understand but stop insulting him. Furthermore, we've been together for the past week Ian, isn't-"

Before I can finish talking, Ian interrupted. "That's because he's been avoiding you!" He bellowed, angrily. "Don't think about denying the truth, Tia. You're with me because Logan isn't around, and I am always the second option, never am I the first. In the beginning, we were together morning and night. Now, it's Logan, Logan with different excuses." He took a moment to pause, "Ian, I can't because Logan and I are going to his house for dinner. Oh no Ian, I can't because Logan is tutoring me." At the second last word, Ian did air quotes with his fingers, thus emphasizing his statement further.

His words left me speechless.

"Last I remember, you weren't learning Human Anatomy." He spat, harshly. "Oh, and I thought Miss Tia didn't like associating with a Nerd. But I suppose after one night with West Midland's man whore, girls change their minds."

Ouch.

"Excuse me!" I hiss, as fresh tears start to stream down, "Logan and I have never, ever had sex, asshole! You and I have, but never have I had sex with Logan because I refuse to. However, now I think I might. I might walk to his house, and have sex with him. I might record it and mail it. I don't know!" I scream, hitting chest over and over. "But what I do know is, I am not talking to you Pearce until and unless I have a good reason to."

"Tia, I'm-"

"No. Shut up, Ian." I scream, "Shut up!"

Turning around, I began walking further and further from Ian.

'Did he just....?"

Wiping the tears, I keep walking down the street. "I need someone." I whisper. As I keep walking, I kept thinking about Ian's words, wondering if whether he was right or wrong.

"Of course he's wrong." I said, to no one in particular. "I am around Logan because I need to get higher grades. That and I need to win the bet, or I'll lose the title. It's important."