[*Chapter Thirty-Five*]

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the Grill, Jenna hurries off to the bathroom, knowing after a few drinks she'll be close to pissing her pants, while Darcy saunters over to the bar, eyes fixed on the back of two familiar people. "Well, if it isn't the cougar Mrs Donovan and the alcoholic Mr Dickmon. Fancy seeing you here," she flashed them a grin and hopped on the stool next to the eldest Salvatore vampire.

"Ahh, the Princess has arrived. Yeah!" Damon cheered, banging his glass on the bar.

"If it isn't the bitchy best friend, " Kelly mutters, sipping her drink.

"Pipe it, you old hag, " Darcy snips and thumps Damon on his back as he chokes on his spit.

"You cruel woman, " he snickers, grinning. "I love it."

She rolls her eyes, ignoring his flirtatious smirk. "So, is this where the old people come to hang? Get drunk and drink away their depression?"

"You got it, partner!" Kelly shouts, ordering another drink. "What's with the glasses inside?" she asked Damon, eyeing the black shades adorning his face.

Damon takes them off, offering her a sly grin. "My eyes are a little sensitive today."

"You're new around here," Kelly comments, eyes trailing over his form.

"On the contrary, I'm very old," Damon said. He glances at the approaching bartender. "Two Bourbons, neat."

The bartender complies, pouring two tumblers and slides them forward. Damon pushes one over to Darcy.

She grins, kissing his cheek. "Aww, who knew you could be so generous, huh?  She catches the irritation marring his eyes. Who did you upset?"

"Hey, I can be nice!" he protests. "Can't a guy buy a woman a drink?"

"When you want to be or when you've done something wrong... So, what is it, what happened?"

"Why does it have to be something I did? Can't I be the innocent?"

Darcy chuckles, smirking. "When have you ever been innocent? You can't play me, Damon."

He goes to retort but gets cut off before he could satisfy his ego.

"I haven't been gone that long. I would remember someone who looks like you," Kelly pipes up, ending their bickering.

His lips tug up. "Yeah. Where did you go?" Damon asked Matt's Mother, sipping his drink.

"Around and about," Kelly said.

"Of course, you would, with your job title and all," Darcy comments, draining her drink. She glances at Kelly, who looks at her cluelessly. "Cougar For Hire."

The vampire breaks into laughter, slapping the bar turning into hysterics. "You kill me. Where have you been all my life?" He pulls himself together at her deadpanned look, wrapping his arm on the back of her stool. "Why the long face? Do you have it out for cougars? Are you jealous?" he teases.

"No, you fool," Darcy points her thumb at the oblivious woman. "This one can't keep her paws off them when her son stays at home and pay the bills, which she is supposed to do. Yet, she still drops her knickers."

Damon struggles to keep a straight face. He strokes her silky hair to distract himself. "Never change, Princess. Never change." God knows he needs someone like her to spice up his life. Why have a shot of Bourbon when he can have her?

"I've been there," he tips back his drink, draining the contents. He looks at the woman. Elbowing Darcy, knocking her arms off the bar. "This one would know; she's seen me at my worst."