chapter 1

"on the streets where you live, girls talk about their social lives. they're made of lipstick, plastic, and paint."

Jackie's P.O.V-
I woke up to the irritating, scratchy record my brother was playing that was blaring through the whole entire house. My windows were rattling.

I climbed out of bed, threw my bathrobe and slippers on and stomped over to his room to give him a piece of mind.

I threw his door open and he immediately shot a glare at me.

"Can't you knock"? He shouted.

I picked up the record and gently set it on my brothers bed. "Can you not have your annoying music at a raging volume"? I said crossing my arms.

He sighed " You still could have knocked for that."

I shook my head at him "Look, I know your going through a phase with this "heavy metal" music but for once I'd love to wake up to my alarm."

He stood up " Its not a phase, it's Bon Jovi"! He spat.

I smirked "Never heard of them and never want to again. Please just turn it down."

"Fine. Just get out." He said, rolling his eyes.

I threw my arms around him and said in an obnoxious voice "That's my sweet brother." I slowly walked out of the room and stopped at the door "Now I wouldn't be mad to wake up to some Madonna."

I closed the door but heard his muffled yell "Never"!

I smiled to myself as I walked back to my room. I flopped down on my bed and groaned.

Heavy Metal. A plague that infected almost every single boy my age. It inspired them to grow their hair long but only true rockers could actually make it work. Thankfully my parents had enough sense to take my brother for a hair cut the other day.

I got up and went to my bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and started getting ready for school.

In a couple of months, I would graduate. I'm 18 already but as my parents favorite child, it's only right I continue to live with them to save them from my brothers actions.

I quickly did my makeup and got dressed. I slowly walked downstairs but my peaceful walk was soon interrupted by my brother rampage down the stairs. I fell down and we both slid down the rest of the stairs.

My mom groaned " Robert, how many times do I have to tell you NOT to tackle your sister down the stairs."

My brother (Robert) stood up and dusted himself off "Not enough because the day I stop doing that will be the day I die."

I grabbed the railing and pulled myself up. I pushed Robert "You are going to wrinkle my shirt"!

He mimicked me as I sat down to eat breakfast.

My mom kissed me on my head "Don't worry honey, your shirt is fine."

After I ate breakfast, I let my brother drive me to school. He's 20 years old and he still can't drive. My parents force me to help him practice.

I sat down in the front seat, touching up my hair.

"So you and Jackson"? He started, nudging me.

I blushed but hid my face so Robert couldn't see me.

I replied "What about him"? I said, dryly.

"Oh please Jackie, everyone knows you two have the biggest crushes on each other." He said scoffing at me.

I looked at him in shock "Someone told you he has a crush on me."

Robert started to tease me "What? I can't hear you "?

I started "What did they tell yo-.."

My brother slammed the breaks really hard and we both flew forward really hard. The seatbelt took the air out of me.

I glared at him and started to complain "What is wrong with you?! Are you trying to kill us"?!

"Shh! Look!" He said pointing at a sign "Bon Jovi's having a concert in town."

I slapped his hand out of my face "I don't care! Now hurry up and take me to school"!

Robert shook his head "You don't know anything about good music."

I rolled my eyes "And I don't want to know."

My brother dropped me off at school and I went to my locker.

My best friend, Hailey, stood there waiting. She smiled when our eyes met. "Jackie! You'll never guess what I just heard."

I grinned "What? Tell me "!

Hailey leaned against the locker "Well I heard from a friend of a friend of a cousin of a sister of an uncle, that Jackson was going to ask you out"!

"No way!" I squealed "How do I look"? I said looking down making sure, Jackson would like what he saw.

"Perfect! Oh I can't believe it Jacquline and Jackson! You guys would be perfect for each other "! She said, adding on to my excitement.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books. "This is going to be the best day ever"! I smiled.

Hailey and I started walking for class when I saw him.

Jackson!

His eyes met mine and he waved me over.

"Go get him girl"! Mumbled Hailey.

I casually walked over to Jackson.

"Hey Jackie." he started. "You look really pretty today."

I smiled "Thank you. So do you."

"I wanted to ask you something." He said looking down at his feet.

"Shoot." I said, tilting my head at an angle.

"Well your brother told me that you love them and I got tickets and I was wondering if you would like to go with me." He said, with a nervous smile on his face.

I nodded "I would love too."

"Great"! He said "Can I walk you to class"?

"Of course." I replied as we began walking.

"I'm really glad you like them because they are literally gonna take over the music industry. It's so cool that you like that kind of music, I mean I always expected you to be a Madonna kind of chick, but your brother and I talked this morning and he told me that you love them." He said smiling at me.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow "Loved who"?

"Bon Jovi, silly."