Ch. 20: Revenge pt. 1

"Hello there, sweetie," a cool and malevolent voice reverberated throughout the room.

Why oh why did Kristia had to walk through that door?

What kind of business do these three have?

A surge of anxiety rocked through my body. Out of all four, Kristia, Nivia, Dahlia, and Mia, I always felt that Kristia was the worst. Even though I have had the least amount of interaction with Kristia and Nivia, Kristia proved to be the greater evil, followed by Mia.

Kristia kept reminding me how she could not wait until she had me all alone to herself. I remember when Mia and her spoke in the cafeteria about making a deal. Could this be it? Had the time finally come? I do not suppose somebody will come to save me from this. Luck is rarely on my side.

"Long time no see." Her eyes held a fiendish glint, and her smirk confirmed it. "Last I saw you, you almost died on us. I got sad because I was afraid, I might have lost my chance at revenge."

I forcefully swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat at her last word. This is it. There is no more avoiding it. I hope I am ready for whatever she has in store.

I must remind myself to do whatever she wants. Obey. I cannot lash out. I cannot fight back. I just have to take it and go, survive another day.

Survive today, escape tomorrow.

I must give in.

Kristia walked closer to us until she was in between Mia and Cleary.

My body was wracked with adrenaline. I was in fight or flight mode. Both of my thumbs were rubbing hard against the outside part of my index fingers. My hands were at my side, fidgeting with themselves in an attempt to dissipate the anxiety from my body. I was shaking like a leaf but trying to hide it. My trapezius muscle was stiffening.

"Aw, why are you so tense, Keira?" Kristia ridiculed me, but I did not want to provoke her by answering. Instead, I gave her three short and quick shakes of the head while looking to the floor. "You don't have to be scared; we're going to have fun. Well... I know I am."

"A deal's a deal, Kristia. Pay up!" Mia demanded.

"Yeah, yeah. Here, take it," Kristia replied as she took out something from her pocket. I briefly looked up to see a wad of cash.

Everything indeed has a price. How foolish of me to think I would be any different. I chuckled at my elementary thoughts.

"And what seems to be so funny, pet?" Cleary piped up.

I froze, not realizing I had reacted audibly.

"When I ask you a question, you had better answer!" Cleary lambasted.

Before I could even look up and answer her, she had jammed the electrical prod into the side of my stomach and had discharged. This time, she laughed as I fell to my knees uselessly trying to endure the pain that made my muscles spasm.

My body was growing exhausted, pained, and tense. I do not know how many more shocks I can take today, and the sad thing is that it still was not lunchtime.

"Whoa! Mistress Cleary don't tire her out just yet, I want to have my fun and enjoy my time," Kristia interposed, laughing at my crumpled heap.

All three of them stood by while I was fighting the waves of pain dispelling from my side. I hugged the corner in a worthless attempt to distance myself from them. My jagged breathing was soon returning to normal. I did not even wait for them to tell me to get up to rush to my feet.

"I am going to ask one last time, and I had better get an answer. What was so funny, pet?" Cleary demanded.

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes suppressing the want to tell Cleary off. "I laughed because I stupidly thought I would never have a price," I answered them truthfully, no point in saying otherwise.