Ch. 4: Processing

I get dragged out of Dr. Garnett's office and led through various hallways until I am seated in a phlebotomy chair and the arm is lowered in front of me. Nivia remains standing by the door, while Kristia is standing beside me.

I am growing increasingly uncomfortable by the second.

What are they going to do to me?

"What's going on?" I ask Kristia while I sit on both of my hands and look around the room nervously.

Kristia tsks turning to me. "Did you not listen to Mistress's rules?"

I bow my head while mumbling an apology. "What's going on, ma'am?"

"We are waiting on the nurse to have your labs drawn."

"May I ask what for, ma'am?" I'm hoping to find out the nature of this place. Maybe if I play along, I'll get all the information I need.

"We need to get your baseline labs and vitals so that Mistress can determine how much they will change during your stay. She needs it for her research."

"Research?"

Before Kristia could give me any further information, the nurse walked in. She appeared to be the shortest person that I have seen so far, but she was still taller than me. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a messy bun, with a few loose strands falling to her side. She was also wearing red lipstick, to match her red lapel coat. She had a white blouse with a short black skirt and knee-high, high-heeled black leather boots. Her stethoscope hung around her neck.

"Alright, here we are! Sorry for taking so long. I am Nurse Cleary. Is this the new pet?" The nurse asked cheerily.

Pet?! What the hell is wrong with her?

"Yes, this is her. Careful, she can be a little unpredictable." Kristia held on to my shoulder, noticing that I grew angry at the term.

"She is a pretty one, isn't she? A little banged up but doesn't appear to be too serious." Nurse Cleary grabbed my face to examine the head wound better. Kristia gripped tighter at my shoulder, letting me know that she was ready to strike at the first sign of me acting out. Nurse Cleary pressed down on my darkening bruise, and I winced. "Oh, hurts, doesn't it?" she said mockingly while making a pouty face.

I took a deep breath and held back any desire to punch this bitch in the face.

Nurse Cleary then pinched my lip, and I squealed in pain as I threw my head back to break from her grip. She then put her hand to my cheek and cooed, "Oh you beautiful girl, this is the best that I will ever get to see you. I can't wait until Mistress has her way with you. I will be looking forward to seeing you broken." She licked her lips as her eyes briefly widened at the last words.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I headbutted the bitch, and she gloriously fell backwards on the laboratory equipment that was laying on a table behind her. At a moment's notice, Kristia was in front of me brandishing a knife to my throat, her other hand clutching my hair. As a trickle of blood ran down my face, I couldn't help but sneer at Bitch Cleary.

"Have you learned nothing, sweetie?" Kristia already knew how much that term infuriated me. Before I could tell her off, she backhanded me where the blood and the bruises already were. My glasses came flying off this time, but not before crashing against the bridge of my nose. I groaned in pain until she got close to my face and pressed the knife back on my neck. "I can't kill you, but I most certainly can make you bleed." Her last words were spoken in concert with pressing the knife further against my throat and drawing blood. "One more little outburst like that, and I'll drive this knife through that pretty little body of yours, got it?"