Ch. 13: Training

We were back on B2, the floor where I was given a concussion and the trainees had been sparring.

Before making our way down the stairs to where the trainees were, I saw one group of ten people sitting on the bleachers. As we walked towards that bunch, they all stood in formation at the ready.

"At ease recruits," Dahlia stated. Everybody changed their stance at the same time. "As you can see, today we have a very special guest with us. She is Mistress's personal pet--"

"I'm. Not." I whispered to myself, apparently louder than I intended because Mia grabbed me by the back of my head. My hands went up to hers.

"Mind telling the squad what's on your mind?" Mia was aggravated now. I grimaced at her grip but didn't answer. "You see, Keira here thinks that she still has a free will and does not belong to Mistress no matter what happens. She believes that she can escape from here and she even tried. Yes, this bitch was the one that managed to stab Mistress's thigh. She got quite far to escaping. Farther than anybody. Gotta give her that. She got punished for it too, but apparently, we have been a little too lenient with our punishment because she is still headstrong. After today, however, I believe her attitude will change though."

"With what Mia said, Keira will be joining us today for training, so I don't want anybody holding back on her behalf. Is that understood?" Dahlia addressed the trainees.

"Ma'am, yes ma'am!" The squad answered.

Mia let go of my hair, shoving me towards the group.

"All right, now give me 10 laps for warmup!" Dahlia ordered the troops.

Everybody set off on a run, while I just stayed behind looking quizzically at them both. Were they expecting me to do this with them?

Dahlia's eyebrow shot up taking in my apparently defiant attitude. "If Keira doesn't finish the laps with you all, then everybody gets ten more laps. If she refuses to partake in any of the activities today, then you all will get double the work." She smirked at me.

What? Is she seriously turning the whole squad against me?

When Dahlia finished her statement, the soldiers stopped running and headed my way. I took a few steps back with my hands in front of me. I don't mind running, it was something different to do here, besides, I needed to exercise, I just wasn't expecting to be thrust into it like this, much less after the beat down I received yesterday.

"I-I'll do it. I'll run." I stammered against the group.

"You'll be running point. If you fall behind, we'll drag you with us." A young blonde female stated. Everybody stood back, forming a pathway for me to walk past them.

I don't have much of a choice. I think some running might be good for me anyway, hopefully, I can bear the pain from the kicks. Running will also give me a chance to focus on myself and not where I am or what has happened.

I passed by the group without directly looking at anyone. I could feel them staring daggers at me. After making my way to the front, I set off running at a comfortable pace. Immediately, I could feel each step tugging at the muscles on my abdomen, but I tried to push through anyway.

My bare feet pounded on the ground, driving me forward with each step. I had already done five laps, managing to keep my breathing and pace steady, but the pain in my stomach was getting unbearable. I was forcefully gripping my sides trying to lessen my discomfort but I was progressively slowing down.

"Keep going, don't slow down." The same woman as before spoke up. "You're halfway there."

I tried to keep going, I really did, but my body was not cooperating.