Ch. 10: The Bedroom pt. 1

Between both guards, they were carrying me towards Dr. Garnett's office, Dahlia and Mia leading the way. Once inside the office, the guards set me on the floor while Mia rushed over to Dr. Garnett's side.

"Go fetch Cleary." Dr. Garnett commanded the guards. They left running. "A whole 7 minutes, that must be a new record!" She spoke to me.

My glare stared daggers into her face.

"Looks like your 24 hours of immunity were cut short when you decided to escape. I'm glad you took my offer to do so."

I gulped.

"Nobody has ever come close to stabbing me before and now look at you. You thought you had the power when you got the upper hand, but here you are, a whimpering mess on the floor." She was so proud of the events.

The door opened and a pair of heels clacked our way. Nurse Cleary stepped over me to get to Dr. Garnett, but stopped to look down at me and smirk, then turned on her heels to tend to Dr. Garnett's wound.

"Hmm, a bit further in and she might've just nicked your femoral artery. She got it pretty far in." Nurse Cleary stated in disapproval.

"Yes, I know. I was surprised too."

"You know I'm going to have to stitch it up right?"

"Yes, that's why I called you. I'd have done it myself, but she hit my right arm pretty hard with the microscope."

Nurse Cleary looked at Dr. Garnett's right arm and saw the bruises. She frowned.

"At least she didn't break anything, but it hurts enough so that I can't do any fine movements at the moment." Dr. Garnett told Nurse Cleary.

I moved a bit to my side and started coughing. I spit out blood onto the floor.

"Shut her up! And make sure she stays on her side so that she doesn't choke on her blood." Nurse Cleary furiously commanded Dahlia.

Dahlia made sure to shift my weight on my side and told me that if I made any other sound, she was just going to inflict more pain. A silent tear ran across the bridge of my nose and onto the floor.

After Nurse Cleary had finished stitching Dr. Garnett, she turned her attention to me. A sickly-sweet smile spread across her lips.

"I did tell you yesterday that that was going to be the best I would ever get to see you again, pretty girl." Nurse Cleary grinned sadistically.

Nurse Cleary told Dahlia to grab my shoulders, while Mia grabbed my legs. Mia came over from Dr. Garnett's side and pulled my legs towards her so that I couldn't guard my stomach.

Nurse Cleary lifted my shirt and inspected my midsection. She put her hands on my stomach and my back and pushed inwards. I flinched in pain every time she applied pressure. She did it about three more times in various sections of my belly.

"Good news is that there is no internal bleeding and no broken ribs, just a lot of pain and a beautiful kaleidoscope of bruises." She smirked while looking directly at my eyes. "Sit her up." She told Dahlia and Mia.

They both sat me up and I felt Nurse Cleary pinch the bridge of my nose while putting a hand on my head and pushing down. I squealed in pain and tried to back away, but Dahlia put her knee against my back, a hand on my shoulder, and the other hand on the back of my neck to help Nurse Cleary push my head down.

"This is to stop the nosebleed."

Once the bleeding stopped, Nurse Cleary took out some cleaning wipes from the bag she had brought in and carelessly wiped the blood from my face. I pulled back, but she gripped my hair tighter and rubbed the wipe harder against my face.