Ch. 7: Mistress

Kristia approached Nivia and handed her a bundle of clothes. I was thankful that I would have something to put on. Since I was still quite unsteady on my feet, Nivia helped me put on my clothes. Just like the trainees, I was dressed in a gray T-shirt and navy-blue shorts. To my dismay, I was not handed underwear of any kind.

Once I was dressed, both Nivia and Kristia started walking me out of the shower area and stopped next to the sinks. Kristia handed me a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste, commanding me to brush my teeth. I didn't protest. I don't know how long it has been since I was taken, and I wanted the luxury of being clean.

Also, speaking of which, I was starving! Last time I ate was at 7pm, as I normally do, so that when I get home at around 10:45pm I would have a small meal before bed, usually a bowl of cereal, nothing too heavy.

I haven't seen a clock around this place. Let me correct that, I haven't paid attention to anything above eye level. I have been too busy paying attention to the hallways and trying to get out of here that I seriously don't know if there was ever a clock on any wall that I've passed by.

My stomach grumbled audibly. Kristia raised a brow at me but didn't say anything about it. I took the toothbrush and toothpaste from her hand and turned towards the sink, not daring to make eye contact through the mirror.

I gripped the sink to steady myself because things still felt like they were swirling about. My guards stayed at either side of me.

That was awkward.

Nivia kept a hand on my shoulder, but it seemed to be more for steadying me rather than a preventative escape measure.

I took as long as I could to brush my teeth, savoring every brush stroke, not knowing if it was going to be my last. Kristia caught on to what I was doing. A hand forcefully gripped the back of my neck and pushed my head down towards the sink.

"Spit it out! Rinse right the fuck now!" Kristia seethed. Her grip remained steady.

I rinsed and dried myself off with the back of my hand, since I wasn't handed anything to dry myself off with.

Kristia lifted my head and made me face her. I handed her the toothbrush and toothpaste back. "We're finally going to Mistress's bedroom. If we get in trouble for the little stunt you pulled and the time you wasted, you're going to regret it once we get our hands on you again. You'd better not try anything else on our way to her bedroom unless you want to double your punishment. Am I understood?"

My shoulders were tense. I still had some difficulty understanding everything they were saying. Sometimes their words would get jumbled with my thoughts as my head kept hurting. I just looked innocently into her eyes without answering.

"Are you deaf, stupid, or what? Answer me!" She dug her nails deeper into my shoulders and shook me back and forth. I let out a small whimper and tried to back away.

Nivia stepped in once again when I didn't answer. "Take it slow, Kristia. I think she's still suffering the effects of the concussion."

Kristia tsked and scoffed, pushing me backwards as she let go of my shoulders. I stumbled back and gripped the sink to steady myself once again.

"Useless! If this gets us in trouble, I swear she's got another thing coming." Kristia told Nivia as she put her hands on her hips.

Nivia approached me and gently put one hand on my shoulder and the other one cupping my chin. She spoke slowly. "We're going to Mistress's bedroom now. Please behave."

"Yes, ma'am." I said in a low tone while grabbing the side of my head. My stomach rumbled even louder this time.

Nivia chuckled. "When was the last time you ate?"