Ch. 19: Malice

The next two days passed by fairly uneventful.

Thank God.

Thanks to Pvt. Winters's speakers, I was able to pass the time listening to music, books, and podcasts.

Mia and Dahlia left me alone, for the most part. The exception being Dahlia who struck up a conversation from time to time regarding whatever I was listening to. Both would usually leave me to myself and would go out of the room. I am sure they would stay nearby or at least someone would stand guard outside because I could hear beeping noises from what I am guessing was a game or muffled chatter.

Pvt. Winters would come in to give me my daily bath and she would stay awhile talking about her day. She kept her promise and would also come in after she trains to keep me company whenever I was not sleeping.

Since there was absolutely nothing to do except listen to whatever Pvt. Winters had loaded on the iPod, I would drift in and out of consciousness for varying periods. I was able to keep track of roughly how much time had passed based on the meals I was given.

For breakfast, I would always get something with eggs in it, for lunch and dinner, I would be able to differentiate between them because dinner was a larger meal and would always have some sort of dessert.

Because I was still tied down to the bed, whoever's shift it was would have to feed me. It never stopped being an awkward moment.

Dahlia was always nice about it and would crack a joke occasionally, even though I would shoot her a death glare. We would end up laughing about it afterward.

Mia, on the other hand, wasn't as nice to me. She would roughly shove a ridiculous amount of food in my mouth and would tell me to hurry up eating.

I choked a few times trying to down the meal as quickly as possible, so she would hit my back with an open palm to dislodge the trapped food. Of course, I would complain and hiss at the unnecessary pain she was inflicting, but according to her, I could not die on her watch from something as stupid as choking on my food.

When I confronted her about Mistress's supposed order to not hurt me, she said that only applied to making new wounds, not hurting old ones. How did any of her actions make sense was beyond me. I don't know what bug crawled up her ass.

As for my burns, Bitch Cleary was the one who would come in to debride me. She would tell me that Mistress did not want to see me for these two days until I was ready to be let out of my straps. I was not going to argue with that either, it's not like I wanted to see her, but between Cleary and Mistress, I must admit that I prefer Mistress.

As long as I do not talk back to Mistress, she is gentler debriding me. Mistress's attitude is pretty easy to discern, so I can avoid any harsh treatment if I just do what she wants. It is not always easy for me, but being strapped down, it's not like I have much of a choice in what I do, only in what I say.

Cleary said that, to her chagrin, Mistress did order for the pain medication to be given to me for as long as I was in that room recovering from the burns. I would like to think that Mistress felt at least a fraction of remorse for what she did to me, or maybe she did not want to lose her precious little toy so early on. I will stick with my former opinion because I would like to think that there is some good in everybody even if they do not see it themselves.

I am really trying to make the best of my current situation, so I am trying hard to think positive thoughts and how I can spin this situation to my advantage.

I have not fully given up on trying to escape either. That plan is on the back burner, I am just going to focus more on trying to survive and gathering information about this compound.