96 | Sleep Tight Bitch

"Valentina, why are you agreeing to this?" Xavier says, following me to the changing rooms so I can change into some gym gear that Carlos has laying around here for times like these

"Because she was disrespectful to us in front of everyone and I don't let anyone get away with it. Would you?" I ask, tilting my head waiting for an answer.

"No, I guess not." He sighs in defeat.

"She's an ex-girlfriend, right? Because I'm about to put her in a coma." I say, spinning him around and pushing him back out of the changing room.

"Definitely an ex." He mutters, before wishing me luck and walking back to our booth.

I don't know if he's concerned for me or his ex-girlfriend either way this is happening, I am not one to get disrespected and he should know this by now.

Carlos hands me the gym clothing and I quickly change into it, glancing in the mirror I throw my hair up in a messy bun. A knock sounds at the door and I tell the person to come in, I see Messiah walk in with a worried look and Felix behind him looking equally worried.

'You're fighting Xavier's ex-girlfriend?' Messiah signs.

"Well, she did challenge me in front of everyone. I'm not doing this for him though, I'm doing this for my family name." I shrug.

"You've got this little sis," Felix says, walking towards me with his arms open for a hug.

After pulling back from the hug he wishes me luck before he leaves Messiah and me in the room alone, "you're worried?"

"Of course, I'm worried Val, not because I think she's going to beat you up or anything I just worry, it's my job as your guard and as your boyfriend—" He says walking towards me, cupping my face, "promise me you'll be fine okay."

"I promise." I breathe out.

He kisses my forehead before lacing his fingers with mine, holding my hand to lead me out to the ring. Walking through the corridor, there's a bunch of men walking around shirtless, some of them bloodied and bruised.

When we reach the ring I find Kara already there with her people hyping her up, rolling my eyes at them I sit on the bench. Messiah gently grabs my hands and starts wrapping them for me, after he's done we both stand up.

'I love you.' He signs, leaning down and kissing me. When he pulls back he smiles, I return the smile signing, 'I love you too Messiah,' causing the smile to widen on his face.

Getting into the ring just after Kara, we both start to analyze each other circling. Trying to spot any weaknesses I don't see any yet, holding back I don't want to make the first hit since I want to see what she's got.

She doesn't look like she's willing to make the first move either so I'm going to have to taunt the bitch, "he never loved you." I smirk cheekily at her.

"You don't know what you're talking about you whore." She seethes.

Hook — line — and sinker...

Glancing at Messiah at the side of the ring I give him a quick nod and he pulls out my phone pushing the play button, the song coming through the AirPods in my ears.

A/N — the song is above if you want to listen to it during the fight scene.

Shifting my gaze back to Kara, I see her lunge forward aggressively making me smile. She goes for a left jab but dodge it and circle her again, she screams before lunging at me again.

Dodging yet another jab, I sweep her legs and she falls to the ground I grab her head and knee her in the face breaking her nose. I quickly let go and stand back allowing her to get up, I don't want to end this too quickly.

She slowly gets up clutching her nose, she narrows her eyes at me before getting into her stance again. We circle each other again, this time I lunge at her and strike her a couple of times but she manages to block them, I fake a left jab, swinging with my right instead and it connects with her jaw making her stumble back.

I continue to put pressure on her and punch her rapidly in the torso, she's starting to tire out from blocking allowing some hits to connect. I lay off her and step back, she doesn't have time to get herself together before I spin around and land a hard kick to her head knocking her the fuck out.

I kneel to her and grab her by her hair and bring her closer to my face, "goodnight, sleep tight bitch."

Catching my breath back I take out my AirPods and I hear the room erupt into cheers, I turn to see my family jumping up and down hollering.

All of a sudden gunshots ring out in the building along with screams and shouts, people running around everywhere I lose sight of my family. Now on high alert I bolt out of the ring and try to find them, I can't see anyone.

I feel someone come up behind me, pivoting quickly it's a man I've never seen before with a gun in his hand. I quickly disarm him and strike him in the head with his gun knocking him out, glancing around I see more men in suits with guns running towards me.

I feel someone tug on my arm, Nate standing there gripping me tightly with a gun in his hand. He pulls me with him, shooting back at the men coming after us, I shoot back as well before we take cover behind a booth.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, out of breath.

"Trying to get out of here I'm assuming, I saw you leave the ring and I ran right after you. Where's Messiah?" He rushes out, shooting bullets.

I look back to where the ring is and I don't see Messiah anywhere, ducking back down I tell Nate I have no idea.

"Come on love, we have to get out of here. Felix and a few men went to go get our cars." Nate says, dragging me with him.

I hope everyone made it out...